- Get a taste of Tasmania with this 3 days/2 nights trip
- Visit Russell Falls, Mt Field National Park and Lake St Clair
- Explore Henty Dunes, Tarkine Rainforest, Gordon River and Cradle Mountain
- Visit Sheffield and Launceston
- 2 nights accommodation with 2 breakfastsincluded
- National Park entry fees included
- Local produce tastings (varies with seasons) included
- Hostel and motel pickups and drop-offs included
- The Gordon River Cruise is optional and can be purchased at an additional cost
Why do we love this
"This is the perfect tour to get a taste of Tasmania. See some of the state's most iconic sights and explore stunning nature and quirky towns in just 3 days. We love how easy this trip is to fit into any itinerary!"
WHAT TO EXPECT
Immerse yourself deep in the wilderness! Journey back in time to explore Tasmanian heritage, wander through untouched forests, explore untamed rivers, rugged coastlines and admire breathtaking mountainous sights.
Day 1: Hobart - Strahan
Leave Hobart and drive through the Derwent Valley – travelling east to west across the island. You’ll see the beautiful Russell Falls, walk among the Mt Field National Park Tall Trees, and visit Australia’s deepest freshwater lake, Lake St Clair.
Later, explore the pristine Franklin-Gordon Wild River National Park and end the day in Strahan.
Day 2: Wild West Coast
Escape into the untouched wilderness of Tasmania’s West Coast and explore the shifting sands of Henty Dunes.
Afterwards, continue into the Tarkine Rainforest and walk to Tasmania’s highest waterfall – Montezuma Falls. If you're feeling adventurous, join the world-famous Gordon River Cruise (optional, at your own expense).
(Overnight Strahan, breakfast included)
Day 3: Cradle Mountain - Launceston
Around 950m above sea level is the World Heritage listed Cradle Mountain-Lake St Claire National Park.
Choose a walk to suit you and start exploring! With an extensive range of tracks choose to stroll around Dove Lake or challenge yourself with a hike to Marion’s Lookout.
Later, a short drive takes us through Sheffield, the ‘town of murals’, to Launceston.
(Overnight Launceston, breakfast included)
This is a 3-day, 2-night tour, starting in Hobart at 7.00am and finishing in Launceston at 5.30pm.
Departure days (according to season)
OCT: Tue Thu Sun
NOV: Mon Tue Thu Sun
DEC/JAN/FEB: Mon Tue Thu Fri Sun
MAR: Mon Tue Thu Sun
APR: Tue Thu Sun
MAY-SEP: Thu Sun