- 2 nights’ accommodation with 2 breakfasts
- National Park entry fees
- Locally produced tastings (varies with seasons)
- Hostel and motel pickups and drop offs
- The Gordon River Cruise is optional
WHAT TO EXPECT
Immerse yourself deep in the wilderness! We will journey back in time to explore our heritage, wander through untouched forests, explore untamed rivers and rugged coastlines. Admire breathtaking mountainous sights and inhale the freshest air ever.
Our journey begins in Hobart. From there we will travel from east to west. Admire the stunning Russell Falls, the Mt Field National Park Tall Trees and Lake St Clair. Strahan will be our home base, where we settle in for two nights’ accommodation during our expedition along the unspoilt West Coast.
You will have the chance to take in all the treasures of the rugged West Coast of Tasmania. The Henty Dunes, Tarkine Rainforest and Montezuma Falls will no longer have secrets for us after this trip. Those who want can even join the world-famous Gordon River Cruise (optional + at your own expense).
Next highlight is Cradle Mountain for hikes and sightseeing before continuing to Launceston via Sheffield. Do not miss out on this opportunity to discover a stunning part of the world that is almost untouched by civilisation.
- Russell Falls, Mt Field National Park, Lake St Clair
- Henty Dunes, Tarkine Rainforest, Gordon River
- Cradle Mountain, Sheffield, Launceston
Hobart - 7:00 am
October - November: Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday
December - January - February: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday
March - April: Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday
May - September: Thursday, Sunday
What to bring?
- Drink bottle
- Comfortable trail walking shoes
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Clothes to suit conditions (layers are a good idea)
- Waterproof jacket (just in case)
- Swimwear and towel (conditions permitting)