- 2 nights’ accommodation with 2 breakfasts
- National Park entry fees
- Locally produced tastings (varies with seasons)
- Hostel and motel pickups and drop offs
- The Gordon River Cruise is optional
WHAT TO EXPECT
Immerse yourself deep in the wilderness! We will journey back in time to explore our heritage, wander through untouched forests, explore untamed rivers and rugged coastlines. Admire breathtaking mountainous sights and inhale the freshest air ever.
- Russell Falls, Mt Field National Park, Lake St Clair
- Henty Dunes, Tarkine Rainforest, Gordon River
- Cradle Mountain, Sheffield, Launceston
Day 1 - Strahan
Our journey starts in Hobart. We drive through the Derwent Valley and traverse the island from east to west. You’ll see the stunning Russell Falls, walk under the Mt Field National Park Tall Trees and stop at Lake St Clair, Australia’s deepest freshwater lake. We also enter the Franklin-Gordon Wild River National Park before arriving in Strahan, where we will spend the night.
Day 2 - Montezuma Falls
Tasmania’s West Coast boasts incredible and untouched wilderness. We will conquer the shifting sands of Henty Dunes, then continue into the Tarkine Rainforest and walk to Montezuma Falls; Tasmania’s highest waterfall. You will get the possibility of joining the world-famous Gordon River Cruise (optional + at your own expense).
Overnight: Strahan (Breakfast)
Day 3 - Launceston
Around 950m above sea level, the World Heritage listed, Cradle Mountain-Lake St Claire National Park, offers walks which will suit every level of hiker. Choose a walk that suits you and wander around Dove Lake or opt for a more challenging hike to Marion’s Lookout. A short drive will take us through Sheffield, the ‘town of murals’. From there we continue towards Launceston.
Hobart - 7:00 am
October - November: Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday
December - January - February: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday
March - April: Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday
May - September: Thursday, Sunday
What to bring?
- Drink bottle
- Comfortable trail walking shoes
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Clothes to suit conditions (layers are a good idea)
- Waterproof jacket (just in case)
- Swimwear and towel (conditions permitting)