Perth (Nyungar: Boorloo), is a unique Australian city that perfectly blends stunning natural beauty with vibrant urban life. Whether you’re a beach bum, an art enthusiast or a wine connoisseur, Perth has something for everyone. Let’s dive into the exciting capital of Western Australia!
Getting to Perth
Perth Airport (PER) is your gateway to this urban oasis. With direct flights from Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, you can be in Perth in just five hours. Perth airport is conveniently located less than 20 minutes from Perth CBD, and you can easily arrange transport via hire cars, taxis, rideshare services and shuttle buses.
When to Visit Perth
Perth enjoys consistent weather year-round. From December to February, bask in the hot, dry summer, from June to August, relish the mild winter while Spring (September to November) is perfect for whale watching as these majestic creatures migrate along the coast.
Perth welcomes all visitors and offers a range of accessible facilities and experiences. Special assistance is available for travellers with disabilities at Perth Airport, and the Transperth website helps you navigate the city’s accessible public transport.
Explore Perth’s Highlights
1. Swim at Perth’s Beaches Perth boasts glorious white sand beaches, calm waters, great surf, and charming cafes. Explore the coastline, go snorkelling, and catch a stunning sunset—all within minutes from the city.
2. Snap a Quokka Selfie on Rottnest Island Rottnest Island is a natural paradise with lush vegetation and turquoise waters. It’s a perfect day trip, and you might even encounter the famous smiling quokkas. CLICK HERE to check out our Rottnest Island deals on tours and activities.
3. Discover Perth’s Aboriginal History Learn about the land’s history and its connection to Perth’s Traditional Custodians through urban tours, traditional ceremonies, and Aboriginal experiences.
4. Immerse in Modern Culture Perth’s art scene is vibrant with comedy shows, live music, art galleries, museums, and cultural centers. Explore the city’s arts and culture scene to stay entertained.
5. Enjoy an Afternoon of Indulgence The Swan Valley, a short drive from Perth, is known for its wineries, breweries, and gourmet produce. Take a day trip to explore these delightful offerings.
6. Uncover Hidden Gems Perth has under-the-radar attractions, including a dumpling house hidden as a laundry and an Elizabethan village concealed in a laneway. Discover these hidden gems and see a new side of the city. Score up to 10% cash back per person on this Perth Small Bar & Street Art Tour.
If you’re looking for a fun way to spend a night on the town in Perth, then this walking tour is the best way to explore the city’s exciting small bar scene! You’ll visit three of the best quirky hidden bars around town, where you’ll enjoy exclusive discounts on food and drinks
7. Explore Perth’s Urban Villages Venture outside the city center to experience the local life in Perth’s eclectic neighborhoods. From hipster pubs to weekend farmers markets, you’ll find hidden gems in the suburbs.Perth city has a Free Transit Zone for buses and a SmartRider Free Transit Zone for trains. For more information, check out the Transperth website.
8. Go Bush Without Leaving the City Kings Park, one of the world’s largest city parks, offers picturesque trails, city views, and intriguing tours amidst native bushland and wildflowers.
9. Wander Fremantle’s Historic Streets Fremantle, Perth’s historic port town, combines heritage buildings with incredible street art, buskers, breweries, and cafes. Spend a day exploring this charming neighborhood, perhaps even on this epic Fremantle Foodie Tour!
For just $120, this is the ultimate food lovers tour, you’ll wine and dine your way around this wonderful port town. Experience the high streets and the narrow lanes of the West End with an expert local guide. Enjoy a selection of the best foods and venues, from cheese and charcuterie in a private courtyard, to hole-in-the-wall takeaways and uber-cool restaurants. This is the ideal day trip from Perth, taking only 30 minutes by train from the city centre.
11. Swim with Dolphins in Rockingham Just a day trip from Perth, you can swim, snorkel, and dive with wild dolphins in Rockingham’s sheltered waters from September to June.