* A pass that's valid for 12 months * Flexible, guided travel that's off the beaten track Once purchased, simply make sure you're set up on the Stray website. Your year of fun starts from the date of your first bus journey!
WHAT TO EXPECT
Stray is independently owned by a group of young Strayers who are passionate about making sure you experience great travel. If you want an amazing trip that takes you places other companies don't, read more to find out what could be available to you with a Stray Pass. Each location has tonnes of things to do and see, so you can fill your trip with exactly what you want to do - from learning to surf to climbing mountains, from helicopter rides to thermal pools, Hobbiton to Maori weaving - you can find it all in New Zealand!
And if that's not enough to convince you, watch the video at the bottom of this section to see a bit more of what could be in store!
Travel Auckland to Christchurch Stray style!
We recommend at least 3 weeks to get the most out of your trip and to allow some time to hop-off and explore your favourite destinations for longer.
This pass can take you to some of the best places that New Zealand has to offer, including:
- Stay at a wilderness lodge in the bush at Raglan ? overlooking New Zealand?s premier surf beach.
- See glow-worms and do some amazing caving at Waitomo Caves.
- Overnight stay on a Marae (Maori meeting house) in Mourea includes your accommodation, hangi (dinner), breakfast and unique cultural experience all for only $80.
- Stop in at Rotorua to experience (smell) the geothermal activity and do extreme white water rafting.
- Stay next to NZ?s largest lake - Lake Taupo (great for skydiving).
- Tongariro National Park (home to the 'Lord of the Rings' volcanoes and NZ?s best one day walk the ?Tongariro Alpine Crossing?).
- Stay at award-winning conservation stop Whakahoro for wild, wilderness activities!
- Wellington ? NZ?s capital city, home to our national museum Te Papa.
- Unique overnight and a free day in Abel Tasman National Park (walks, sailing and kayaking options in this stunning area).
- Experience the remote and rugged West Coast.
- Majestic Franz Josef glacier with a free day to hike and explore it.
- Spend a few days in Queenstown - the adventure and party capital of NZ!
- Stay at base of NZ's highest mountain Aoraki/Mt Cook.
- High country sheep station in Lord of the Rings scenery at Rangitata.