- Fly over incredible landscapes on your journey to Milford Sound!
- A trained and qualified pilot
- A modern fleet that undergoes regular maintenance checks
- Experience some of the most dramatic scenery in the world with views that can really be appreciated from above.
- Depending on the flight route for the day, your sights may include:
- Skippers Canyon
- Mt Earnslaw
- Mt Tutoko
- Milford Sound
- Mitre Peak
- Arthur Valley
- Sutherland Falls
- Milford Track
- Lake Te Anau
- Eglinton Valley
- Greenstone Valley
- Lake Wakatipu
Mt Earnslaw, Mt Aspiring & The Glaciers Scenic Flight
Experience magnificent Milford Sound by air!
WHAT TO EXPECT
Experience Milford Sound by air on this scenic flight from Queenstown. Fly above the rugged backcountry of Central Otago, before heading westward to where the glacial-fed rivers empty into Lake Wakatipu. As you cross over into the Fiordland National Park, you’ll discover an untouched world of peaks and valleys, where mountains reach into the sea – a landscape forged by the rapid retreat of glaciers.
Soaring above Milford Sound you’ll get an aerial perspective of cascading waterfalls hidden amongst towering peaks, and the icy blue channel that flows into the Tasman Sea. From the luxuriant mosses and ferns clinging to sheer rock faces to immense peaks rising straight from the ocean depths, the entire experience is truly awe-inspiring.
Fly across the mountain ranges and beech forests of the Southern Alps, above the famous Milford Track, and over the Sutherland Falls before you reach the striking Lake Wakatipu and land at Queenstown Airport, rated one of the world’s most scenic landings. This one-hour scenic flight is the best way to experience Milford Sound with the whole family!
What happens if my flight is cancelled due to weather?
The tour will reschedule you to the next available trip that suits you. If you cannot reschedule then there is no charge from the tour at all. We recommend that you book for the start of your time in Queenstown to allow for any weather disruptions.
What are your minimum numbers?
The tour requires a minimum of 3 passengers.
What happens if the weather changes and we get stuck in Milford Sound?
This is an extremely rare occurrence as the pilots will always make the weather call based on the 4 hours that we need for the trip. If the pilots feel there is a chance that the weather will change then the tour will not go. The tour will arrange coach transfers back to Queenstown in the unlikely event that this ever occurs.
Can I travel to Milford Sound if I'm pregnant?
You can travel on this flight if you are pregnant. There is no medical centre in Milford Sound so the choice to fly is at your own discretion. The tour does not recommend flying in the last 2-3 months of pregnancy as a precaution.
Can I take my infant/baby on the flight?
You can definitely take your young children with you on the plane. Infants up to 2 years and under 11kgs are free of charge and are required to sit on an adult's knee. Children aged 2-14 years and/or weighing over 11kgs will require their own seat. Infants are free. The aircraft has plenty of space to take strollers and buggies as well, but please advise when you book if you are bringing one along. The motion of the aircraft does put young children to sleep – sometimes even before we take off!
Are there weight restrictions?
No, the tour does not have any weight restrictions for travellers. The tour will want to know passenger weight to ensure safety for all of our flights.
Can you take disabled passengers?
The tour can take disabled passengers on flights. The tour does require that any disabled passenger is travelling with another passenger to assist with getting into and out of the aircraft. The aircraft has storage space to take wheelchairs and walking aids if required as long as they can fold down to fit in the planes.
- Please provide your hotel details or private residence address for pick up. The tour can pick up from Queenstown Centre, Fernhill and Sunshine Bay, Frankton, Arthurs Point, Shotover Country, and Kelvin Heights. Please be aware that the tour cannot pick up from Arrowtown, Lake Hayes, and around these areas. If you prefer to self-drive, please write "self-drive". Self Drive Address: 39 Lucas Place, Frankton, Queenstown 9300
- Child Policy:
- Infants under 11kgs are Free of Charge (FOC) and are required to sit on an adult's knee.
- Infant/child over 11kgs will require their own seat and will be charged a child price.
- An infant/child is considered 0 - 14 years. Please note infants for this tour are classed as 11kgs or under. If over this weight they will be charged the child price due to CAA legal requirements.
- Minimum Numbers:
- All flight options require a minimum of 3 adults. Bookings will be accepted for numbers less than the required minimum number on the basis that bookings will be coordinated to achieve minimum numbers.
- All flights and tours operate subject to weather conditions and minimum numbers.
- Flight paths may vary due to weather and are at the pilot’s discretion.
- The tour reserves the right to alter prices, departure times, and flight routes or arrange alternative aircraft services.
- Any booking that is cancelled or amended within 24 hours of departure will be charged in full.
- Bookings that are cancelled or amended outside of 24 hours prior to departure can be done so at no charge.
- Clients wanting to make changes are required to contact us by 6 pm the day prior to departure.