- Transfer to and from our Queenstown store to the Rafting Base
- Transfer to Deep Creek via Skippers Canyon Road
- Full wetsuit, rafting clothing and safety equipment
- Extensive safety briefing
- Queenstown Shotover River whitewater rafting
- Grade 3-5 whitewater rapids
- Paddle through a 170m tunnel
- Hot showers at Rafting Base
- Option to upgrade to a helicopter transfer in our Shotover Heli-Raft (only option during winter months)
WHAT TO EXPECT
Your New Zealand rafting adventure starts here! With Grade 3-5 rapids, exciting tunnel and more, this trip has everything you need for the day of a lifetime.
Make your way to 37 Camp Street 20 minutes before check-in time. Meet the team and jump on the bus to the Rafting Base at Arthurs Point, the start your rafting adventure!
Once you arrive, meet the guides, grab your wetsuit and head to the changing rooms. You'll also get kitted out with your spray jacket and life vest.
Then, it's time to head to the start of the Skippers Canyon Road on Coronet Peak. Here, the drive of a lifetime begins! Start the unforgettable trip through Skippers Canyon, famous for its thrilling cliff edges and gold mining history. Hold on to your seats as your driver navigates the hair-raising cliff edges!
After an exhilarating drive, you'll arrive at Deep Creek ready for a safety briefing. Once you're clued up on everything you need to know, your Queenstown Shotover River whitewater rafting experience begins.
Hit the water and tackle the grade 3-5 whitewater rapids - Aftershock, Squeeze, toilet and Oh Sh*t to name a few! Then, raft through the 170 metre Oxenbridge Tunnel. Your heart will be racing!
This is one of the most scenic environments in the world, so you'll be wowed by not only the rafting but your surrounding as well! Once you've conquered the various canyons, rapids and swells, it's time for one last epic adventure, the epic Cascade rapid.
After taking on this awesome rapid, it's time to paddle back to base and load up the rafts.
Please note: You need to be at least 13 years old and a minimum weight of 40kg for this rafting trip. Maximum weight 120kg.
You also need to be water competent with moderate fitness.
- 37 Camp Street, Queenstown
Queenstown Whitewater Rafting - Shotover
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Minimum unit order: 1 persons.
Do I need to be able to swim?
Yes, you do. You must be ‘water confident’ and be able to swim in fast-moving water. You will be given flotation jackets and wetsuits, but you will still need to be able to help the guides by moving towards the raft or the safety kayaker. Imagine yourself swimming in the sea where you can't stand up, with medium waves around you and being tossed around a bit. If you feel comfortable with this then you should be ok.
Do I need rafting experience?
No, you don't. Everyone can enjoy rafting with no rafting experience. You will be given training and a full safety briefing before the trip starts. All of our qualified and certified guides will be able to give you any extra personal instruction you may need while in the raft.
What do I need to bring?
Bring your swimsuit and towel. It is advised that you don't bring any valuables with you. We do have a small valuables locker at Rafting Base if you need.
Can I bring my camera?
No, nothing can be taken with you on the raft due to health & safety reasons.
How long is the trip?
The total trip time is around 4.5 hours, however, the time on the water varies depending on the river speed, the water level and time of year.
Are there any restrictions?
You need to be at least 13 year old to raft with us and a minimum weight of 40kg. There is no maximum age, we just ask you to be at a good level of physical fitness. The weight limit is 120kg. We do have a number of extra-large wetsuits and small ones for the kids. It will be at the discretion of the trip leader and guides as to who is eligible to participate.
Those who are pregnant are not able to partake in our rafting trips.
Can I wear my own clothes on the river?
No. You are going to get wet and we don’t want you to ruin your outfit of the day. Bring your own swimwear and we will provide the rest. Please don’t wear cotton, it will make you cold. We give you a wetsuit, a jacket, a spray jacket and a life vest, if you’re cold we will have extra layers for you.
What shoes do I wear?
We will provide you with wetsuit socks and booties when on the river. You can wear normal shoes in and around the Raft Base.
What about glasses?
Yes, you can wear glasses on the river, but please bring a sports strap or tie as we can’t guarantee the safety of your glasses without one. If you can do without, leave them behind.
How many people will be in a raft with me?
The rafts carry a max of eight people including the guide. If you’re in a group, we organise that you will be seated in a raft with your pals.
Will I get wet?
It would be a pretty boring day if you didn’t, right? Yes, you will get wet, but you will have a wetsuit on so only your suit will. Whitewater rafting is epic in any weather, so if its raining, don’t be put off!
What if it rains?
Then we get a little wetter! Rafting experiences will still go ahead if it’s raining, the river is normally at its best when it’s raining.
Can my family and friends watch me rafting?
We don’t have spectators on the river due to the remote location and nature of the terrain. There is an opportunity to stand near the last rapid on the Shotover River as you exit the Oxenbridge tunnel. Timings can depend on river levels so we can’t give your fans an exact time to be there.
- Participation in rafting activities involves a degree of risk and the rafting operator cannot absolutely guarantee participants' safety
- Participants need to listen carefully to our guides' instructions
- This rafting trip operates with a minimum of 8 people. Customers need to reconfirm at least 24 hours prior to departure to ensure your trip will be operating
- All trips operate dependent on weather, river level and/or water temperature
- 13 years minimum age
- Weight limit 40kg-120kg
- The tour cannot take customers with pre-existing heart conditions
- Customers need to be able to swim.
- This tour is closed Christmas Day.
- Date Transfers: Reservations can be transferred to another date (subject to availability) up to 24 hours prior to departure with no transfer fee incurred.
- Cancellations: Cancellations must be received 24 hours prior to trip departure. Trips are non-refundable after this point.
- We reserve the right to cancel trips or substitute another river or section of river for safety reasons
Read full supplier's terms & conditions