Join this unforgettable journey to Milford Sound where you'll cruise through the day after departing Queenstown
Milford Sound Coach | Cruise | Coach From Queenstown with Lunch Highlights
- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- Pick-up and drop-off from Queenstown (tour operator will confirm the pickup point and time)
- Comfortable coach with experienced driver-guide giving commentary along the way
- A fresh, tasty lunch on-board the cruise
- Short nature walks & scenic photo stops en-route
- Breathtaking boat cruise in Milford Sound on a modern catamaran with three viewing decks
- Best atmosphere in the fiord with a famously friendly crew
What to Expect
Frequently Asked Questions
Milford Sound is approximately a 5 hour drive from Queenstown and 2 hour 30 minute drive from Te Anau.
Milford Sound is one of the wettest places in New Zealand with over 180 rain days a year. A jacket and warm clothing are recommended, as the weather can be unpredictable all year round. You’ll definitely need a rain jacket (and a change of clothes!) if you decide to take advantage of Milford’s free shower service underneath Stirling Falls waterfall.
Milford Sound is stunning in any weather! The more it rains, the more waterfalls you will see. The crew all agree that Milford is more spectacular in the rain as the surrounding mountains come alive with countless waterfalls that you don’t see on a sunny day.
The vessel is wheel chair accessible from the wharf into the main passenger cabin and has accessible toilet facilities on this deck. The remainder of the boat is not accessible by wheelchair.
- Cash – To pay for purchases on the boat.
- A rain jacket – Even on a sunny day the waterfalls will get you wet.
- A camera – To capture your day.
- Sunglasses – It can be bright if the sun is shining!
- Finally, if you are self-driving, a full tank of petrol when leaving Te Anau.
The tour departure points are:
- Bus Stop in front of Rydges Lakeland Resort (6:45am)
- Bus Stop in front of Crowne Plaza (6:45am)
- Athol Street Bus Stop (6:55am)t
- Stanley Street Bus Stop alongside Holiday Inn Express (7:00am)
- Pounamu Apartments Bus Stop (7:00am)
- Hensman Bus Stop, opposite The Rees Hotel (7:00am)
- Goldfield Heights Bus Stop (7:00am)
- Marina Heights Bus Stop (7:00am)
- Frankton Bus Interchange (Frankton Terminus) – 7:10am
Reviews for Milford Sound Coach | Cruise | Coach From Queenstown with Lunch
Total review count and overall rating based on Backpackerdeals and Travello reviews.
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.