Half day tour to Penguin Island with optional lunch and visit to Kings Park
WHAT TO EXPECT
Tour length - Approx. 5 hours (Pick up time - 7.30am; Drop off time - 12.30pm) depending on pick up location.
Departure points - various central Perth locations including hotels and the Wellington Street coach stand - go to www.exploretoursperth.com/departure-points for the full list.
Penguin Island is a unique nature reserve that is home to Western Australia’s largest colony of little penguins - the smallest species of penguin in the world. Penguin Island is blessed with beautiful beaches and is surrounded by dazzling, crystal clear waters.
Both locals and visitors from all over the world catch the ferry or take a cruise here to get up close to the wildlife, explore nature trails, swim, surf, snorkel or to enjoy a family picnic and the safe, sheltered beaches.
The little penguins are very shy and can be difficult to see in the wild but you can get up close and learn all about them with the rangers at The Discovery Centre.
Highlights of the tour:
- Hotel Pickup - Pickup from your hotel in central Perth (or Wellington Street coach stand)
- Trip to Rockingham - Travel down to Rockingham to the Penguin Island ferry departure point
- Penguin Ferry - Short ferry ride over to beautiful Penguin Island
- Penguin Feed - Visit to the Discovery Centre to see the Penguins feed
- (Optional extra) Lunch at a cafe in beautiful Kings Park - $20 per adult
(For our Full Day Penguin Island, Kings Park, Perth, Fremantle and Cottesloe tour option head to www.exploretoursperth.com.au/explore/penguin-island)
- Travel South to Penguin Island, which lies within the wildlife sanctuary zone of the Shoalwater Islands Marine Park - www.penguinisland.com.au
- Browse for a while in Rockingham Wild Encounters Gift Shop before taking the ferry from Mersey Point Jetty.
- We make our way to the Discovery Centre to learn all about the Island’s most famous residents – the Little Penguins. The penguin feedings are presented by one of the rangers and lasts about 20 mins.
- Return to Perth where you can enjoy lunch in one of the delightful cafes in Kings Park. (Optional Extra)
- A visit to Kings Park with spectacular views of Perth City and the Swan River, then reflect whilst wandering round the Kings Park War Memorial (Optional Extra)
- Walk in the treetops on Federation Walkway in Kings Park (Optional Extra)