- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- National Park entry fees
- Picnic dinner under the stars with a glass of wine
- Telescope provided for stargazing ( weather permitting )
- Pinnacles guided walk
- Expert driver-guide
- Select Perth inner city pick-up/drop-off
- Additional food & beverages
Why Do We Love This
We love that you are treated to a sunset dinner on this tour. It makes it a special trip that's something different from your regular Pinnacles tour!
What to Expect
Pinnacles Day Tour – Travel to where the horizon touches the sky, for a star-studded, desert adventure in the midst of the incredible rock formations of the Pinnacles National Park. Experience an Indigenous-led tour, where you’ll learn about local Aboriginal culture, their spiritual connection with the land and how they use native plants for medicine. Witness the sun sink beneath the Indian Ocean, before marvelling at the glistening stars and Milky Way forming in front of your eyes. An evening highlight is looking up and listening to the Dreamtime stories behind the stars and pointing out the different constellations making up Aboriginal Astrology.
This tour provides the latest in Astronomy Equipment, so you can simply attach your smartphone to take stunning pictures of the night sky.
- Watch the sunset over the serene Indian Ocean landscape
- Take a stroll along Hangover Bay and Nilgen Lookout
- Stargaze with the latest astronomy equipment (conditions permitting)
- Learn about Indigenous Australian astronomy and stories from the Dreaming
On this tour you'll be exploring some of the West Coast's most stunning natural regions.
Leave behind city life for a one-day treat of some of Western Australia’s best natural wonders. Our first stop is to take in the views from Lancelin lookout, home to the largest network of sand dunes in Western Australia. These gigantic dunes area a stark contrast to the glistening turquoise waters of the Pacific Ocean off in the distance.
Travel on to the Nilgen Nature Reserve. A region abundant with flora and fauna, we’ll wander through a kaleidoscopic of wildflowers, including the likes of banksias, bottlebrush, heath, grass trees and kangaroo paws; all bursting with life, when in season. If the flowers are in hiding, we’ll instead head over to Hangover Bay, where you can cool-off in the crystal-clear waters or spot the likes of bottlenose dolphins and sea lions.
With our lungs full of fresh sea air, it’s time to journey on to the Nambung National Park to witness the remarkable Pinnacles desert at sunset. Made up of shells, the Pinnacles date back millions of years to a time when the land was beneath the sea. Best explored at dusk when the crowds evaporate and the thousands of limestone pillars rise eerily out of the desert; watch the colours change over the rocks, creating a lunar-like atmosphere.
Enjoy a picnic dinner accompanied by a glass of local wine (all included), while we settle in for a spectacular light show of natural wonder, beneath the sky. As the darkness sets, it’s time to marvel at the other-worldly beauty of the stars and planets, swirling high above. Listen to the ancient stories of the Aboriginal Dreamtime and gaze light-years away, using the latest astronomical equipment. You’ll even be able to attach your smartphone to the computerised telescope, so you can take home the spectacular memories of stars and the moon.
You'll then hit the road back to Perth, arriving in the late evening.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Large water bottle of at least 1.5L in size for walks
- Hat & Sunglasses
- Warm clothes & Windbreaker
- Comfortable walking shoes that are non-slip and good for walking
- Beach towel
- Spending money
- Small day pack 5-7kg
Temperatures in Western Australia can be extreme. It is not unheard of for temperatures to reach over 50 degrees Celsius in summer and can get below zero overnight in winter. Please ensure you have checked the average temperatures for the times of your visit and have packed adequate clothing.
The child policy for this tour is 6 years old and over, due to the nature of this tour it’s not suitable for infants or children 5 years and under.
- The child policy for this tour is 6-12 years old. Due to the nature of this tour it’s not suitable for infants or children 5 years and under.
To maximise the comfort of your journey, no luggage storage facilities are provided. Inappropriate luggage presented at departure, such as suitcases, strollers, walking frames and wheelchairs may result in refusal to board unless previously arranged. Extended Tours: Maximum baggage allowance per person is 15-20kg preferably a soft travelling pack. Excessive luggage may incur a surcharge fee. In addition, you may bring a sleeping bag, as required on specific trips, and a daypack.
Passengers MUST bring a large water bottle of at least 1.5L in size to complete the walks. Temperatures in Western Australia can be extreme. It is not unheard of for temperatures to reach over 50 degrees Celsius in summer and can get below zero overnight in winter. Please ensure you have checked the average temperatures for the times of your visit and have packed adequate clothing.
Please notify Autopia Tours with any dietary requirements, medical conditions 48 hours prior to departure day. Limited food options once tours go outback.
- Although every effort is made, the supplier shall not be liable for any illness, injury, damages, loss, delay or failure to join the tour that may occur due to factors beyond our control. We highly recommend all passenger have travel insurance coverage.
- The supplier retains the right to alter routes, itineraries, bus types and configurations, fares adjustments, days of operation or even cancel tours if unforeseen circumstances occur. Other accredited tour operators may be used on some tours.
- The customer shall comply with all Government (Federal, State and Territory) COVID entry restrictions and vaccination guidelines or testing requirements for entry into Australia and/or at the time of travel for tour and transport services. Where the customer is not vaccinated and/or tested prior to departure, the customer will forfeit any and all monies paid and GLT holds the right to refuse to board. Where the customer cancels due to travel restrictions other than vaccination or testing requirements, the operator shall have the discretion to
(a) offer a refund or credit voucher (to be used at a later time); or
(b) to forfeit any and all monies paid by the customer.
For the purposes of (a), the operator reserves the right to withhold such a reasonable sum to cover administrative expenses and other losses, dependent on when notice of cancellation is given by the customer.
(a) Flexible Date Changes – unlimited supply of free date changes available up until 30-days prior to departure; or
(b) 2 to 7 days prior to departure:
- the operator will hold 100% of monies paid by you as a credit voucher, valid for redemption within 3-years from date of purchase
- any credit voucher resulting from a cancellation may be applied towards any other tour operated by GLT within Australia; or
(c) 8 days or more prior to departure,
- we will refund the balance paid by you in connection to your booking, less any unrecoverable costs; or
(d) failure to board on tour or cancelled within 48 hours will result in full fare forfeiture of the ticket price and not eligible for a refund; or
(e) cancellation prior to departure due to you having COVID-19/ “flu-like symptoms”, supported by a medical certificate, the operator will refund 100% of monies paid by you either directly or via your booking agent.
Any credit travel voucher resulting from a cancellation under (Cancellation by the Traveller) has an expiry date of 3 years and may be applied towards any other available trip offered by us. This credit is transferable however not redeemable for cash.
Note different cancellation conditions may apply if/when booked through third party agents, your travel consultant will advise if differences apply. We strongly advise you to take out cancellation insurance at the time of booking. If you leave a trip for any reason after it has commenced, we are not obliged to make any refunds for unused services. If you fail to join a trip, join it after departure, or leave it prior to its completion, no refund will be made or compensation for departure costs incurred. The above cancellation terms are less any unrecoverable costs by accommodation providers, travel agents, third-party affiliates and supplier fees.
- Billabong Backpackers - 381 Beaufort St Highgate
- Criterion Hotel - 560 Hay St Perth
- DoubleTree Hilton Perth - 100 James St Northbridge
- Hostel G - 80 Stirling St Perth
- Mantra on Hay Perth - 201 Hay St East Perth
- Parmelia Hilton Perth - 14 Mill St Perth
- Perth City YHA - 300 Wellington St Perth
- Rendezvous Hotel Perth Central - 24 Mount St Perth
- The Westin Perth - 480 Hay St Perth
- The Witches Hat Hostel - 148 Palmerston St North Perth
- Tourist Bus Stand on Wellington St Perth
Reviews for Pinnacles Sunset, Stargazing & Wildlife Full Day Tour
Book your experience stress-free and know we're here to help.
Get Instant Confirmation