- Pickup and return transfers in the Perth CBD
- Sand boards for sand surfing at Lancelin Sand Dunes
- Bushtucker/bush medicine walk at Hangover Bay
- Use of telescopes and Astro binoculars for stargazing
- Dinner and glass of wine under the stars
- Entry fees to national parks
Pinnacles Sunset Stargazing Small Group Tour
Discover the best of the Turquoise Coast on this tour that includes sand surfing, incredible sunsets, the Pinnacles Desert, star gazing with the latest technology, and a delicious barbecue dinner under the stars
WHAT TO EXPECT
While the highlight of this small-group tour is the star-gazing, your experience starts well before the sun sets. You'll get picked up from Perth between 11:30 am and 2:00 pm (depending on the time of year) for the drive to Lancelin. Here you'll experience the thrill of sandboarding at one of Australia’s premier sandboarding destinations, the Lancelin Sand Dunes. You will be impressed by the pure white sand and be awestruck by the giant sand dunes that can be up to three storeys high. Make use of the custom made sand boards for flying down the dunes. It is also a great spot for photography.
During wildflower season, you'll also stop at Nilgen Lookout, a beautiful picnic spot overlooking the surrounding nature reserves and the Indian Ocean, for a short walk to see wildflowers.
Next, learn about over 5000 native plants used by the Australian Aborigines for food and medicine. The tour stops at Hangover Bay near the Pinnacles Desert to show you some of the local plants that were used by the Aborigines when they lived off the land.
The last stop is The Pinnacles desert, a very unique Australian landscape. You'll get here late in the afternoon which is one of the best times to photograph the Pinnacles as the shadows create remarkable patterns and shapes that ripple over the desert sands. Once the sun sets, indulge in a delicious barbecue dinner under the stars on the observation deck. Sample fresh produce from Margaret River and the Swan Valley including the famous Western Australian wines.
After dinner, it’s now time to slow down and unwind under the stars of the stunning outback night sky. There's a large computerised telescope and Astro Binoculars which will allow you to get a close-up view of the stars and some of the planets. You can even attach your smartphone to the telescope to take some stunning photos of the moon when it is visible. Using a laser pointer your tour guide will point out items of interest in the sky and you can hear stories of the Aboriginal Dream Time relating to the night sky. Look out for the Milky Way and see if you can spot the giant scorpion, the kangaroo or the emu in the sky. You may also see planets such as Saturn and Jupiter depending on the time of year and if you are lucky, you may get to make a wish upon a shooting star.
Where we visit:
- Lancelin Sand Dunes
- Nilgen Lookout (wildflower season)
- Hangover Bay
- Pinnacles and Nambung National Park
Pinnacles Sunset Stargazing Small Group Tour
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
What's your hotel pickup policy?
We pick up from hotels, backpackers and apartments in the city, Northbridge and Crown Hotel in Burswood. If you are staying somewhere else we can arrange collection from the city, just advise us at the time you make the booking.
What age groups are the tours suitable for?
We can take children as young as 5 and we have had people in their 80’s join us. Some tours may be more suitable for you than others, just depends on how adventurous or active you want to be.
What should I bring?
- Camera or phone to take photos
- A hat, sunscreen and good walking shoes
- Warm clothes for the evening as the Pinnacles desert can be cold later in the day although we do have rugs in the bus
- A small bottle of water
How fit do I need to be?
Our tours are suitable for most fitness levels and you can also choose the activities you participate in on each tour. We do reserve the right to prevent passengers from participating in some activities if we think your participation could put you or the rest of the group at risk. Please check each tours activities and if you are unsure just ask us a question.
- The operator reserves the right to alter the route or itinerary of any of its tours if necessary due to severe weather or other unforeseen circumstances
- Some tours require minimum passenger numbers to operate. In circumstances where minimum numbers are not reached, an alternative may be offered or a smaller vehicle used.
- The operator may cancel a trip at any time prior to departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability or other external events it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary. If the operator cancels your trip, you can transfer amounts paid to an alternate departure date or alternatively receive a full refund
- Child fares are available on most tours for passengers aged between 1 and 12 years inclusive. Infants (0-1 yrs) are able to come on most tours. Depending on age, children may be required to be seated in booster seats or other child safety accredited seating – please note the operator is not responsible to supply booster seats or child safety accredited seating
- Passengers are limited to a strict 10kg luggage limit with soft bags preferred
Should guests wish to cancel their tour, the following policy applies:
- Up to 24 hours of departure 100% refund
- Within 24 hours of departure; no refund, forfeit 100% of the total price
Read full supplier's terms & conditions
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews