- Return catamaran trip from Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal to the Marine World Pontoon
- All snorkelling equipment
- Wet suit and lycra suit use
- Underwater observatory, semi-submersible, and glass-bottomed boat tours
- Fish feeding
- Use of the sundeck, freshwater showers, and changing room
- Tropical hot and cold buffet lunch
- Tea, coffee, and drinking water
- Translation assistance
Reef Magic Cruises From Cairns to Marine World
Discover the magic of the Great Barrier Reef from the Marine World activity pontoon.
Coach transfers from Cairns and Northern Beaches accommodation
Optional activities that acan be booked on the day include:
- Introductory scuba diving
- Certified scuba diving
- Helmet diving
- Guided snorkel tours
- Reef-Scenic helicopter flights
WHAT TO EXPECT
Explore the wonderful underwater world of the Great Barrier Reef. Your day starts bright at early at 8 am the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal, for a 9 am departure. The fast, stable catamaran takes you to the outer Great Barrier Reef, where you'll find the Marine World platform and spend 5 hours having fun. This all-weather activity platform will fill your day with endless adventure and entertainment and is perfect for all ages. It's a purpose-built, two-story platform that sits permanently on the reef. There are spacious sundecks, an underwater observatory, and multiple ways for you to explore the stunning underwater world. The site at the northeastern end of Moore Reef was chosen for its excellent water clarity, biological diversity, and abundance of marine life.
Snorkel in the sheltered coral lagoon, spotting all kinds of sea life such as fish, stingrays, and maybe even turtles. It's easy to access from the pontoon, and there've even an infant swimming enclosure, so the youngest family members can join the fun. You can explore on your own, using the included equipment, or join in a marine biologist-guided snorkel tour for an extra fee.
If you prefer to stay dry, there are plenty of other ways to see the reef. Join a semi-submersible or glass-bottomed boat tour, complete with interactive commentary. There's also an underwater observatory and fish feeding demonstration. For a bird's eye view, you can take an optional scenic helicopter flight (additional fees apply). Alternatively, you can soak up the sun on one of the comfortable deck chairs and just enjoy the panoramic views of the sea.
Once you've worked up an appetite, dig into the gourmet buffet lunch of hot and cold dishes, including vegetarian options. Morning and afternoon tea are also included.
Finally, add some extra excitement to your day with optional extras that can be booked on the day for an additional cost. Try an introduction to scuba diving, or explore exclusive dive locations if you're already certified. Helmet diving and SNUBA are great alternatives to diving, yet still let you explore deeper under the water. There are also scenic helicopter flights and guided snorkel tours.
Reef Magic Cruises From Cairns to Marine World
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
How long is the boat ride to the reef?
The fast, stable motor catamaran delivers you to the Outer Reef in only 90 minutes leaving more of your day to enjoy the reef.
How long do we spend at the reef?
You will have 5 hours to explore the reef which is up to 2 hours longer than similar Outer Reef Cruises. You can snorkel in our sheltered coral lagoon, join a guided snorkel tour, try an Introductory Scuba Dive, climb aboard a spectacular Scenic Helicopter Flight, take a Semi-Submersible tour (twice if you like) enjoy lunch and still have time to relax on the sundeck with a cool drink! You have time to do as much or as little as you like without the rush. Most guests will have travelled a long way to visit the Great Barrier Reef and with so much to see and do it is not something you want to hurry.
Where is the Marine World platform located?
The Marine World platform is located at a private Outer Reef Location on the pristine north-eastern end of Moore Reef. Located approximately 45km offshore from Cairns this site is far enough from coastal rivers, streams, and sandy beaches to ensure clear ocean waters and maximum underwater visibility in a range of weather conditions.
So what is the reef like where we go? Is there noticeable bleaching or damage?
The Marine World site is highly regarded as one of the best quality coral reef locations in the region. Recent independent research from Reef Check Australia has reported no noticeable bleaching on the Marine World site, high hard coral concentrations, and a site of excellent overall health. Tropical cyclones and storms or higher than average summer temperatures can affect the extent of bleaching but are a natural part of the reef life cycle.
Is the trip suitable for children and babies?
Yes, it is suitable for all ages – including families with children and babies. Adult supervision is required at all times for children under 16 years of age and is not the responsibility of the operator. Floatation devices such as buoyancy vests and noodles are available. Snorkelling equipment, wet suits, and lycra suits are also available in children’s sizes. The pontoon features an infants' swimming enclosure and baby change facilities. There are no babysitting or child minding services on board, so parents are responsible for supervising their children at all times. Both the catamaran and the platform are pram-friendly with ramp access and wide aisles.
What is the minimum age to scuba dive?
The minimum age to scuba dive is 12 years. A medical questionnaire must be completed and signed by a parent/guardian for divers under 18 years.
Can I Scuba Dive with no experience?
Absolutely! the highly qualified instructors can have you in the water and enjoying the magic of scuba diving in no time.
What do I need to bring?
Hat, towel, sunscreen, sunglasses, something to swim in, a towel, a dry change of clothes, cash or credit card for optional activities, and onboard purchases such as souvenirs, professional photos from our on-board photographer, or a drink from the bar.
Do you supply towels?
The best idea is to bring one from your hotel or accommodation. Alternatively, limited supplies of Marine World towels are for sale on board for just $20 and make a great souvenir! Towels are available to hire for just $5 ($20 refundable deposit payable)
Are there toilets, showers & changing rooms at the reef?
There are toilets on the boat accessible at all times throughout the day. Fresh warm water rinse showers and changing rooms are on the Marine World platform. The catamaran has a wheelchair-accessible bathroom (shower & toilet) and even baby-change facilities.
Are there facilities for the disabled?
There is ramp access from the wharf to the vessel and vessel to the Marine World platform. However, passengers are required to negotiate at least one set of stairs on the vessel depending on tides and loading position so the assistance of a carer is highly recommended.
The catamaran has wide aisles and a wheelchair-accessible toilet & shower. Access to the water, coral viewing vessels, underwater observatory, and sundeck all require stairs to be negotiated and would require a carer to be present if the customer can not walk unassisted.
The best idea is to give us a call and talk through the level of disability and we can suggest suitability or not.
How deep is the water?
The area directly off the snorkel platform opens into a clear, shallow snorkeling lagoon of only 4-5 meters, perfect for the beginner snorkeler. During low tide, the reef can often break the surface of the water.
The Marine World Outer Reef Wall is a renowned dive location by local dive enthusiasts and keen snorkelers and reaches depths of over 30m.
- The operator does not accept liability for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expense, or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by events which are beyond our control or which are not preventable by reasonable diligence on their part
- The operator acts as a private carrier and reserves the right to refuse passage to any person and/or baggage
- Videos and photographs purchased through Experience Co remain the copyright of Experience Co and they retain the right to the footage and photographs. Such footage may be used by Experience Co for company marketing purposes and reproductions of videos sold. Video footage and photographs may only be used or reproduced by the purchaser or recipient for private or domestic purposes and must not be used for any commercial purpose, including the promotion of any supplier or any supplier’s products or services without Experience Co’s prior permission. Should you not want any of your footage or photographs uploaded to Experience Co’s social media platforms, or used in company marketing, it is your responsibility to advise the photographer or videographer on the day of travel
- You can cancel or amend your tour to a different date (subject to availability) if you notify the operator 24 hours or more prior to travel
- If you need to cancel or change dates within 24 hours of travel a 100% cancellation fee applies
Read full supplier's terms & conditions
- 01 Make Own Way to Reef Fleet Terminal @ 08:15
- Make Own Way to Reef Fleet Terminal @ 08:15