- Full day sailing tour on the Great Barrier Reef!
- All day snorkelling or Introductory SCUBA Dive available (dive is extra)
- Snorkelling & equipment rental (fins, mask & snorkel)
- Guided snorkel tour
- A dive professional for all dives
- Extra assistance & instruction for beginners
- Tropical style buffet lunch
- Complimentary fruit platter selection of cheeses, crackers & wine
- Coffee or tea on arrival
- Prescription masks at no extra cost if required
- Floatation if required
- Reef introduction & education
- Bow nets to relax on
- Small, personalised groups (max 20 people)
WHAT TO EXPECT
Sail to the picturesque Upolu Reef on our charming catamaran Reef Daytripper for a relaxing yet fun filled sailing trip. Avoid the crowds and experience The Great Barrier Reef the way nature intended. No other operator in this category can offer you this superb personalised service, which is normally only available on a privately owned yacht. Join us and our fun loving crew for your trip to The Great Barrier Reef and even make a few new friends.
Our destination Upolu Reef is a very beautiful location which lies at the very edge of the Outer Barrier Reef and is teeming with a large variety of interesting marine life and a beautiful array of corals. In the relatively sheltered lagoon you will see a multitude of giant clams, turtles, sea stars and reef fish. This offers a perfect snorkelling or diving experience in warm clear protected waters. A snorkel guide is available at the first site which offers a fun, informative and interactive introduction to the days exploration.
You choose freely between snorkelling, diving, or just relaxing on our bownets. We also offer introductory diving. Perhaps you also like to look out for dolphins, turtles or even whales (seasonal).
Our great strength is our personalised service due to the small numbers.
Being OWNER OPERATED means we take an active interest in the safety and well being of our customers and our awesome crew are considered a part of our family delivering enthusiastic, friendly hospitality to our guests. We will visit two sites (weather permitting), allowing plenty of time to snorkel, scuba dive or just simply relax in the bow nets on the boat.
We start boarding at 7:30am on the D Finger (through the gate to the end of the finger) and depart the Marlin Marina at around 7:45. We travel at approximately 7-9 knots with both the sails up and the motors running, and this gives us just over 2 hours of steaming time each way, this is also depending on the wind strength/direction and tides.
We arrive back in Cairns harbour between 16:30-16:45.
Not included in the price:
- Reef and Tax Levy: $15 per person, to be paid on the day of the tour before boarding.
- Introductory SCUBA diving: $70.00 1st dive $65.00 2nd dive (wet suits are price inclusive for all diving) (optional extra)
- Certified SCUBA diving: $65.00 1st dive $55.00 2nd dive (optional extra)
The price for return transfers are as follows:
$12 per person return - city
$22 per person return - outside city and northern beaches.
Please note that you will need to complete this medical declaration form before the tour starts. So please make yourself familar with this form.