- Zip down the smooth ‘n’ fast double Straight Track in H2OGO ZORB ride style!
- Superman dive into the ZORB on your own or with up to 3 people!
- Slip, slide, and laugh your way down the 250-meter long straight slope at 36-meters high
- Riders have the option of racing friends and family down dual tracks
- Rotorua is the ONLY location in New Zealand where you can experience this fun and bizarre bucket list activity!
Zorb Rotorua - Straight Track - H2OGO
Experience wet ZORBING on a 250-meter straight track!
- An onsite photographer captures high-quality images and video footage of your ZORB ride. Every customer gets a GOPRO camera to capture in ride footage. Photo or video can be purchased for $30.00 each or you can purchase both for $50.00
- If you do not have your own swimwear, you can hire shorts, t-shirt, and towel for an additional cost of $7.00 per person
WHAT TO EXPECT
Superman dive into the inflatable ball on your own or have one, two, or three friends in there together as you slip, slide, and laugh your way down the 250-meter long straight slope. Riders have the option of racing friends and family down dual tracks — if you have the skills, we challenge you to stay upright and run all the way down the hill (for extra competition).
H2OGO is the signature ride and most popular ZORB ride style. The secret ingredient is to add 40 litres of freshwater to every ZORB (warm water in the winter and cool water in the summer!). Booking this tour in the winter? Never fear – you won’t get cold with hot tubs to keep you toasty in between your rides, an outdoor fire pumping serious warmth, and heated changing rooms. The hot tubs are situated on a brand-new spa deck so you can watch the ZORB action, plus experience epic views of Lake Rotorua and Mokoia Island with Mount Tarawera in the distance. The large open deck is comfortable for spectators with beanbags, music, and a coffee station.
The experience of rolling down a hill inside a giant inflatable ball has been a unique adventure experience since 1997. Andrew and David Akers (the inventors of ZORB) developed the first operation in Rotorua, New Zealand. ZORB Rotorua remains the ONLY location in New Zealand where you can experience this bizarre, but insanely fun activity.
The inventor, Andrew Akers, works on the site most days. The onsite ZORB factory means all equipment is fit for purpose and undergoes strict quality control — 100% NZ made. Factory tours are available on request for education groups. The facilities are clean and new — with changing rooms that have heaters, hairdryers, and modern bathrooms. There's also a barista coffee station, free Wi-Fi, and an undercover spectator area.
Don't miss out on this unique New Zealand adventure!
Zorb Rotorua - Straight Track - H2OGO
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
What is the minimum age for ZORB?
5 years old.
What are the weight restrictions?
Maximum weight per person is 125KG or 275lb.
Where is this tour located?
5 km from Rotorua City centre and alongside Skyline Rotorua, Rainbow Springs Nature Park and Mitai Maori Village. Public Bus (#1 route) that stops at the front gate.
What should I bring?
All H2OGO rides are in water (cool in summer, warm water in winter). Bring swimwear and a towel, if you want to ride in shorts and t-shirt that’s okay as well.
What if I don't want to get wet?
The latest creation straight from the factory is the DRYGO – available on the Straight Track. Same thrills as the H2OGO but the special double-skin means you stay nice and dry. The DRYGO ride is weather dependent – it can get hot inside the DRYGO, so in warmer months the ride may not always be available. The H2OGO water ride is the most popular ride year-round (with warm water on cooler days).
Is it scary?
It is just the right amount of adrenalin to have you cracking up laughing from top to bottom without the extreme scary feeling.
Will I roll off the tracks?
The tracks are specially designed to prevent you from rolling off. They also have fences to keep you extra safe. There is also a fully automated weather station system set up throughout the park to monitor wind levels.
Do I have to walk up the hill?
Heavens no! The tour has special 4WD vehicles to drive you up the hill – no unnecessary cardio required!
Can I take my own GOPRO?
Yes, you are more than welcome to bring your own GoPro or waterproof camera inside the ZORB with you.
- All Riders must be 5 years of age and over.
- Maximum weight per person is 125KG or 275 lb.
- Guests may not be able to participate if they suffer from any of the following conditions; high blood pressure, epilepsy, dislocations, pregnancy, heart conditions, back, neck, or head injuries, lack of full body mobility, impairment due to the influence of alcohol or drugs or any other physical or mental condition that may restrict your ability to safely ride.
- Refund would be provided if you decide not to participate in this adventure at the last minute. No refunds for no show and expired vouchers.