- 4-5 hours of kayaking
- Beautiful mountain and waterfall views
- Small groups – maximum of 8 people per guide
- Experienced kayak guides
- High-quality kayaking gear
- Safety and emergency equipment
Kayak Milford Sound
Immerse yourself in the beauty of this famous fiord on a 4-hour kayak adventure!
WHAT TO EXPECT
If you want to immerse yourself in the beauty of Milford Sound, a kayaking tour is a great way to do so. This 4-5 hour kayak adventure will give you an up-close look at this amazing fiord and the mountains and waterfalls that surround it. If you're lucky, you may even spot some local wildlife!
This guided kayaking tour departs daily from Milford Sound. If meeting your group at Milford Sound, you will start your tour at 8:30 am.
Once you reach the departure point, you will be given a safety briefing and kitted out in all the necessary gear for your session. Then, it's time to get into the water! If you are new to kayaking, don't fear. Your helpful guides will be with you the whole way to ensure you are comfortable.
You will spend approximately 4-5 hours paddling around the sound, soaking up picturesque views of the fiord's surrounding snow-capped mountains, natural waterfalls, clear skies and small islands. You may also spot wildlife including fish, birds, and perhaps even dolphins, whales, seals or penguins!
Where does this tour depart from?
The tour departs from the kayak base at Deepwater Basin. Please advise pickup location at time of booking.
What should I bring?
- Swimsuit – to wear under your given equipment
- Soft Shoes or sandals – please note they will get wet
- Warm Socks & layered clothing
- Sunblock, sunglasses, hat to protect your head
- Camera – don’t forget this, GoPro’s and selfie sticks also welcome.
- Water & picnic lunch if you're not buying one
Do I need experience?
No previous experience is required to kayak. However, you must be water confident and a moderate fitness level is required. You will be kayaking for at least 4 hours.
- Sea kayaking has inherent risks and can be dangerous. The supplier accepts its legal responsibilities but cannot be held responsible for personal injury or for loss, theft or damage of/to your equipment outside legal responsibilities.
- Participants will be required to sign a liability form to this effect before starting a tour.
- Minimum age is 16.
- Transfers: Reservations can be transferred to another date (subject to availability) up to 24 hours prior to departure with no transfer fee incurred.
- Cancellations: Cancellations must be received 24 hours prior to trip departure. Trips are non-refundable after this point.
- We reserve the right to cancel trips or substitute another river or section of river for safety reasons.
Read full supplier's terms & conditions
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews