- 2 Day and 1 Night camping experience on Fraser Island
- Number 1 Ranking on Tripadvisor
- All inclusive price tour
- Eco accommodation at The Beach House (with linens and bath towels)
- Fully automatic vehicles and off road 4WD experience
- Talented and passionate tour guides
- All meals
- All vehicle, ferry & national park fees
WHAT TO EXPECT
Team Drop Bear have done it again, we have created an amazing 2Day/1Night Fraser Island Tour LIKE NO OTHER!! There is a reason we are ranked #1 on TripAdvisor! Let us take you on an adventure deep into the bush and show you some of Fraser Islands most beautiful hidden treasures. Inspired by our love for this island; called K'gari by us locals, we have created a tour that takes you off the beaten tourist track so you can explore what the locals truly love about this magical island.
Our 2 day tours are designed to get off the beaten track and show our guests the hidden wonders of the island. Lakes Birrabeen, Allom and Boomanjin are spectacular and isolated so there are fewer sightseers than the other well known locations on the island. This tour will take you to some of the most gorgeous lakes on the island, amazing coloured sands and have you cruising through some of the islands less travelled tracks. This tour also features accommodation at Drop Bear's Beach House for a more cosy nights stay on the beach. There are also options for you to upgrade to staying in one of our plush Double or Queen Tents at the Eco Beachcamp Retreat.
Having long been in love with all that Fraser Island has to offer we wanted to give people a chance to experience it like the locals!
When and where
Departs from Noosa (6.30am) and Rainbow Beach (9am) every Tuesday and Thursday!
What to bring
You need to be prepared for all weather conditions when visiting Fraser Island so it's always a good idea to bring: A small backpack, sunglasses,hat, swim wear, warm jumper and a raincoat, 1 litre refillable water bottle,towel, sunscreen, insect repellent (Nov-Mar) and your camera! You may also with to bring alcohol or snacks as there are shops on the island, but they are very expensive!
If you have a full/open drivers licence, are over 21 and passed your driving test more than 12 months ago you can drive a Drop Bear 4WD. You need to have the ID Card Licence with you and if your licence is not written in english you need to be able to provide an international translation. You must have your physical licence with you as it is illegal to drive in Queensland without having your licence and if the police stop you on Fraser Island it can be a very hefty fine that we don't want you to have to pay
- Swim in the crystal clear Lake Birrabeen! Just as beautiful as Lake McKenzie but far less crowed
- Marvel at the coloured sands of The Pinnacles
- Bathe in the tannin waters of Lake Boomanjin, the largest perched lake in the world!
- Meet the unique short necked turtles at Lake Allom
- Drive through towering rainforest and eucalyptus bush
- Relax and enjoy toasting some marshmallows around the open fire
- Collect and cook up Wongs, an Aboriginal delicacy
- Learn how to catch worms for fishing bait
- Beach fishing at sunset
- Try to learn to play the Didgeridoo
- Learn the art of throwing a Boomerang
- Take a scenic drive though Cooloola National Park and see Double Island Point and the Rainbow Beach Coloured Sands**
** = ex Noosa ONLY. Please note how many and which places you visit on tour are dependent on time constraints, weather condition and tides. Fraser Island is constantly changing and not all tour highlights are available every time. Each tour is tailored to suit the weather, tides and preferences of our guests, so make sure you ask our friendly staff about your options when booking.