- Get up to $40 cash back per person when you book with us
- 3 Day tour of Fraser Island
- Free pick up available for passengers from Aussie Woolshed, Flashpackers or Torquay Bus Stop
- 2 nights camping at an exclusive campsite at Central Station
- All meals (3 lunches, 3 dinners, 2 breakfasts and some snacks)
- Pink Toyota Prado 4WD rental
- Sunset and sunrise walks
- Adventurous tour guides
- Opportunity to spot turtles and other wildlife
- Plenty of photo opportunities
WHAT TO EXPECT
Discover the wonder of Fraser Island, one of Queensland's most popular destinations, on this 3 Day guided tour. This experience will provide the chance to see the island's natural scenery, history, wildlife and so much more. You will get around the island by 4WD, giving you maximum opportunity to see a lot in a little amount of time, and have tonne of fun along the way.
Your experienced local tour leader will guide you to Fraser Island's beautiful lakes, lush rainforests, pristine beaches and all sorts of historically significant sites. Spend your days exploring the island and your nights relaxing and sleeping at a dorm-style beach accommodation. Don't worry about having to plan a thing, as all transport, fees and meals are included on this tour.
Tours depart on Fridays at 7:30 am. If you are not driving, you can arrange a complimentary pickup from Aussie Woolshed, Flashpackers or Torquay Bus Stop if you wish. From there, drive to the bay where you will board a ferry to Fraser Island.
Once on the island, it's time to get acquainted with your pink Toyota 4WD and hit the road. If you're nervous, don't worry. No off-road driving experience is necessary for this tour. You will be briefed and shown the correct methods by your guide before you start driving.
You will spend the day cruising around the island, swimming in lakes, taking photos at The Maheno Shipwreck and coloured sands, and appreciating the scenery. Enjoy a barbecue lunch as well as a buffet dinner. Spend the night camping in a protected camp area
The next day, spend even more time exploring Fraser Island along with your group as your knowledgeable tour guide shares stories and cultural facts about the area. You will have plenty of time to 4WD along the 75-mile beach, swim with the turtles atLake Allom, walk under the rainforest at Pile Valley or just relax .
The final day of your tour will allow for more exploring and driving around the island, plus a delicious lunch of wraps, salads, cold cut meats and more. Then, it's time to take the ferry back to the mainland. You will be dropped back off at your original pickup location at approximately 6:15 pm.
Please note: There is a driver safety briefing at 7:20am the morning of departure
Can you cater to dietary restrictions?
Yes! We can cater for vegetarians, vegans, dairy-free and gluten-free diets, plus other allergies upon request. Please advise at time of booking.
What should I bring?
- Sleeping bag and under-sheet essential, as accommodation does not provide linen - bring your own or hire ours!
- Day bag with swimwear and a change of clothes
- Warm clothes (Island can get cold at night time)
- Big smile
- Alcohol and snacks if you wish
- A sense of adventure!
Where can I find everything?
The barge to Fraser Island departs from River Heads, approx. a 30 minute drive from Hervey Bay or 15 minutes from The Supplier's office, 6 Southern Cross Circuit, Urangan.
The hire vehicle is picked up and returned to the office also.
- Drivers must be 21 years or over, with an open license for a manual vehicle.
- Trip itinerary can vary depending on weather and unforeseen circumstances i.e. access closures.
- Guides reserve the right to make the best call for passenger safety comfort
- Credit Card imprint required for drivers (no funds held)
- Minimum numbers (8 pax) required for tour to depart.
- After booking, all participants must reconfirm with the operator by 10am the day prior to departure.
- All people wanting to drive must attend a driver safety briefing at 7:20am sharp the day of departure.
- Alternative accommodation is possibly used without notice.
- Cancellations made 2 weeks prior to departure are subject to loss of any payment made in Low Season.
- Cancellations made within 1 month prior to departure are subject to loss of full payment of booking made in High Season (peak period)
- Changes made less than 2 weeks prior to departure, in Low Season, are subject to a $100 admin fee.
- Changes made less than 1 month prior to departure, in High Season, are subject to a $100 admin fee.
- Cancellations made to bookings prior to the aforementioned time period incur a $100 admin charge (for both high and low season).
- A full refund, minus a $100 admin fee, is given in the event that The Supplier cannot accommodate a booking due to unforeseen circumstances, such as extreme weather events. Other arrangements can be made at the time, depending on the circumstance
Read full supplier's terms & conditions