- Transport, breakfast and accommodation (max 6 share, upgrades available)
- Passionate Kiwi guide
- Maori Cultural experience in the Coromandel and Rotorua
- Traditional Maori ‘Hangi’ (food cooked using heated rocks and buried in an underground oven)
- Explore an extraordinary geyserland, with candy coloured water at Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland
- Sail between the North and South Islands across the iconic Cook Strait
- Stay for two nights deep in the rain forest on the South Island's West Coast
- Learn to carve your own ‘Tiki’ pendant from bone
- Gondola ride in Queenstown to see panoramic views of the "Adventure Capital of the World"
- Spend time in the stunning Abel Tasman National Park, with an overnight boat trip (summer only)
- Intimate small groups (max 16 people)
- Guided tour to "off-the-beaten-track" locations
- Plus many surprise stops on the way!
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Be amazed by spectacular glaciers, majestic mountain ranges and crystal clear blue water. Absorb the beauty of New Zealand's amazing landscapes, experience the traditional Maori culture and let the city of Queenstown take your breath away. This trip really offers it all!
- This New Zealand wide tour starts and ends in Auckland and covers all the highlights in 24 unforgettable days. Get ready for secluded beaches, jaw-dropping scenery, Maori culture, mountain ranges, lush rainforests - and more adventure activities than you can ever imagine!
We include a few 'must-do' events, such as a Maori Cultural night, Queenstown Gondola ride, 'Tiki' pendant carving experience and more.
Our trip starts early in the morning, so you can opt to book accommodation in Auckland the night before the tour. Then you only have to walk downstairs on day one. A stress-free morning. Likewise, you can book an extra night for when we get back, so you are not in a rush once we end our trip.
Upgrading your accommodation to a 2-person private room costs $1999. The cost is per room, so if you share the room with someone else, you can split the cost between the two of you. You can select this upgrade as you build your tour.
You will see a massive range of optional activities available to add, from bungy jumping, dolphin swimming to going on scenic flights and jet boating. None of these activities are compulsory, you can just select the ones that you want.
Are you not sure which activities to choose? No problem. Once you have paid a deposit and secured your seat, you can add activities online anytime until 30 days prior to departure. Additional activities can be booked directly with Haka Tours after receiving a booking confirmation from Backpacker Deals.
You can also pay for activities on the road - just inform your tour guide and he will be happy to help. However, availability cannot always be guaranteed when booking on the road. We suggest pre-booking any activities you definitely want to do.
Customise your holiday by adding optional activities and upgrades:
- Explore subterranean rivers and see the famous "glowworms" on an under-ground rafting trip in Waitomo
- Swim with the world's most playful dolphins, the Dusky Dolphin, in Kaikoura
- Take a Milford Sound day trip from Queenstown with cruise
- Walk NZ's most famous day hike around an active volcanoe, the 19.4km Tongariro Crossing
- Kayak on a glacial lake past ancient rainforests, 900 year-old Kahikatea trees and the Okarito Kiwi Sanctuary in Franz Josef
- Get the blood pumping while Sky Diving or Canyon Swinging in Queenstown
UPGRADES AND EXTENSIONS
Upgrade your accommodation to a private room, for $1999. The cost is per room, so if there are two of you, you can split the cost. Stay with us the night before and after your tour. Remember, nothing is compulsory – just choose what’s best for your journey.