- Transport on an eight-seat minivan
- Fully qualified tour leader
- Wine tasting in a local winery
- Extra Virgin olive oil tasting
- Small groups
WHERE WE VISIT
- Orientation walk of Siena with our tour leader
- Time to explore Siena for two hours in complete freedom
- A short visit of Monteriggioni
- 1-hour 30-minute visit of San Gimignano
- Free time to discover the village at your own leisure
- Scenic drive through the Chianti region
What to Expect
Join us for this beautiful tour of the three most famous medieval Medieval villages in Tuscany; Monteriggioni, Siena and San Gimignano with your local tour leader and fall in love with the beauty of this fantastic land.
Meet your group at 8:45 outside the Tour Provider's office, and travel in the comfort of an 8 seat minivan towards Monteriggioni, a 13th-century medieval town which was the stage for the famous movie "The Gladiator". Here you will be able to admire the beautiful views of the area and the Tuscan countryside from the ancient walls or explore the small shops selling the local handicrafts. During the trip, learn from your tour leader exciting facts about Tuscany, its popular products, local food and historical facts about the region and the village.
We then go on to visit the historic city of Siena, where you will be enchanted by the architectural styles of the cathedral and the old palace in Piazza del Campo. Best known as the venue of the famous Palio horse race held twice a year in July and August. After an orientation walk with your guide, you will be left free to explore the town. Here, you can sit in one of the many cafes to relax or discover the hidden streets of this magical town.
We continue towards San Gimignano, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the most famous walled medieval hill town in Tuscany also known as the "Manhattan of Tuscany" due to the many towers. On the way to the village, our guide will give you maps and the best places to visit. You will have free time to wander through the narrow streets and check out the local shops selling the Tuscan delicacies. San Gimignano is also the place where the world champion gelato maker is based, enjoy the view with some of Italy's finest gelato!
The tour will continue through the rolling hills of the Chianti Region for you to admire the many vineyards, olive trees, cypresses and everything that makes this land a dream place. We will finally stop in a local winery surrounded by vines, flowers and olive groves for wine and olive oil tasting. At the winery, you will taste up to four kinds of wines, including the famous Chianti Classico wine and Chianti Classico Riserva.
We aim to have you back to Florence by 6:30 pm at the latest.
- Our team is made of local tour leaders. All information and maps about the villages will be provided during the journey to reach the towns. In each town, you will have free time to walk around at your own leisure.
- Tour guaranteed with a min 4 people - Max 16
- Organise with your guide in the morning the optional lunch of traditional Tuscan dishes for only € 15.00
Frequently Asked Questions
We promote a youth market 18-39 years old. What does this mean? Does it mean that you have just had your 40th birthday so you won't be welcome if you are a more seasoned traveler? That we are going to card you at the door? No way!
It means that we have a general audience of college students, backpackers, solo travelers, etc... that often fall into this category. The tours are more fast-paced, budget-minded and include activities for travelers to meet and connect with other passengers of the same age from all parts of the world who share the same interests, lifestyles, and travel styles.
We are not strict with the age limit and people older than 39 are always welcome to join our tours as long as you are young in heart, have no walking disabilities and are happy to be with younger people.
Our brand is designed around this unique experience geared towards younger travelers, so only passengers that fit this demographic travel with us.
Don’t panic! The first step is to speak to your bank. All purchases made on our website will appear as purchases being made in Switzerland as our website booking provider is a Swiss-based company, so be sure your bank is aware you will be making Swiss purchases to avoid having your payment flagged as possible fraudulent activity. If you cannot resolve the problem with your bank, you should email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately so we can proceed with a manual booking.
Let us start by saying that If you want to pay for one of your products but the Credit Card is in a different currency than the currency in which we sell our tours, then you have 2 options. This can be selected on the screen where you enter your credit card details by selecting "view currency conversion options":
TrekkSoft does the currency conversion to accept the customer's currency, exchanging that into the currency in which we operate our tours. This is called dynamic currency conversion since we display the actual USD price (Or whatever currency your card is in) to you at the time of booking and this is the amount which is debited from your card without any further conversions or charges.
The card issuer ( your bank) does this currency conversion and applies a commission and processing fee. So this is when a tour is in EUR for example, and you are charged in EUR even though your credit card account is in USD. So your bank gives you an exchange rate which you will only see on your monthly statement.
In either case, as we are not a bank, the conversion is not the same as you would see on the likes of xe.com since these are the wholesale currency values, these rates are not available to anyone in reality.
The retail rates are always higher since there are differences in buying selling rates, and there are commissions and transaction fees when exchanging currencies. Whatever currency you pay, we will receive the amount as displayed in EUR
This could either mean that the tour is sold out or that it is no longer possible to book the date online due to the cut off time. If you are interested in a specific departure date e-mail email@example.com and we will be happy to let you know if we still have available spots for that tour.
The hostels we collaborate with are very safe in fact in each room you can find a personal locker where you can store your valuable objects and bags. You just need to bring your own lock or sometimes you can hire it directly at the reception.
Depending on your nationality, you may require visas to enter Italy. You are fully responsible for obtaining all necessary visas prior to the departure of your trip. Italy on a Budget is not legally permitted to knowingly allow anybody who does not have a valid visa to join a trip. Consult your travel agent to determine which visas you require and how to obtain them.
Cancellation, unexpected medical expenses, injuries, theft, lost luggage or money can significantly disrupt and ruin your holiday. Italy on a Budget strongly recommends that you take our comprehensive insurance cover for cancellation, medical expenses, evacuation and repatriation expenses, personal accident, personal baggage, money, and public liability before you travel.
Upon receipt of the final payment, your trip documentation will be released 20 days prior to your departure containing final details and info about the accommodation. You will also receive a day by day itinerary including full details & costs of all optional activities available on your trip.
The optional activities need to be arranged and organized not later than 1 week prior to your arrival since they are subject to availability. You can either book the activities directly on our website or by email sent to our team. You can choose to pay in cash ( local currency ) directly to your trip manager on day one of your trip or by credit card if booked online.
- Tour Provider may not be held responsible for any delay, deviation, or cancellation due to weather conditions, traffic and national strikes even if as a result you miss a connecting service.
- Tour Provider reserves the right to cancel the tours when the weather conditions are considered to be dangerous for the client’s safety. In this case, Tour Provider will suggest taking the tour on a different day or the possibility to transfer the booking to a different tour of the same value. Alternatively, Tour Provider will issue the full refund of the activity paid
- Tour Provider may not be held responsible for any train national strikes. National strikes are outside the tour operator's control.
- Notice of cancellation must be made in writing to Tour Provider at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon cancellation, you will be liable to pay a fee to cover the estimate of the cost and expenses incurred by us in the terms of the schedule set out hereunder. This is expressed as a percentage of the holiday price and is calculated as follows:
- 30 days or more prior to departure: 0% of the tour fare
- 29 – 20 days: 30% of the tour fare
- 20 – 16 days: 50% of the tour fare
- 15 – 0 days: 100% of the tour fare
- No refund will be given to those clients who do not show up at the correct departure time and point, or to those who lose contact with the guide and therefore do not complete the excursion.
- It is the passenger's responsibility to get in touch with Travel on a Budget if running late to the meeting point or if you can’t find the guide to assist you as much as possible.
Reviews for The Complete Tuscany Experience Day Tour
Book your experience stress-free and know we're here to help.