- 4 delicious drinks per person, 1 at each unique bar
- Local guide
- Informative tour and including historical info about Melbourne’s laneways
- Spectacular views across Melbourne city
- Food, although there are inexpensive options on route
- Hotel transfers
- Trams in central Melbourne are free
WHAT TO EXPECT
Melbourne has plenty of must-visit rooftop venues. Many of them are hidden and cannot be spotted from the street. This tour will reveal some of those must-visit rooftop bars, each one with its own special ambience. Do not forget to spot the laneways and street art of Melbourne in between the different stops. At each of the four venues, you will be offered one drink. Each with its own specific character.
- Admire the city from up high on top of a building at twilight; pastel colours and a laid-back ambience guaranteed
- Spot the street art and discover the lively laneways of Melbourne as you stroll through town
- If your stomach starts growling, you can buy something to eat at some of the bars
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures a more personal experience with your expert guide
Many of the bars cannot be spotted from the street. You need to enter through secret doors, elevators and staircases. So you have to know where they are located. Luckily for you, your expert guide knows where to go and will take you to a variety of fun spots. Delicious drinks (1 per venue) are part of the whole experience. This tour is even a perfect way for locals to discover new places-to-be.
Your guide has devised the tour in a way that you will get a different type of experience at each venue. One stop will be embedded in local history. Another place will be situated at the top of a ‘vertical laneway’, attracting a hip indie set of customers. The third stop will feature an elegant decor and a vibrant atmosphere. The final stop boasts a breath-taking view from its terrace; including a grungy tale in its past. All venues will have stunning views. Perfect to enjoy the pastel colours above the city skyline in an evening twilight.
Expect to walk a bit more than a mile (2 km) on this three-hour tour. Most of the time will, of course, be spent at the rooftop bars. Do not forget to spot the laneways and street art of Melbourne in between the different stops. Your guide will order you a special featured drink at each venue. If you prefer non-alcoholic drinks, just inform your guide before the start of the tour.
Food is not included in this tour. However, if your stomach starts growling, you can buy a burger from a rooftop burger shack. Other options are Spanish tapas at another venue. Or be prepared and eat an early dinner beforehand. Please take into account that some of the bars only have stair access. The itinerary may be adjusted depending on the group.
- Departure point: Federation Square, at the entrance to the Melbourne Visitors Centre.
- Fixed departure time: 6 pm
- Tour duration: 3 hours
- Walking distance: 2 km
- Some of the bars only have staircase access