- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- Devonshire Tea
- Experienced Driver Guide
- Comprehensive commentary
- Travel in an air-conditioned coach
What to Expect
Enjoy some good old-fashioned fun amidst some of the most beautiful scenery in Victoria. The scenic journey from Melbourne to the Dandenong Ranges takes just less than an hour, and you'll travel through the enchanting, lush rainforest of Mountain Ash trees.
The first stop is Grants on Sherbrooke, a haven in the wilderness. Enjoy a morning break and indulge in a traditional Devonshire Tea of homemade scones, served with jam & cream and tea or coffee. As you eat, you'll be serenaded by the wonderful birdsong filling the valley.
Next, you’re in for a real treat – a ride on the Puffing Billy Steam Train, Australia's premier preserved steam railway. With lush fern gullies brushing past and Mountain Ash trees towering overhead, Puffing Billy makes for a wonderful opportunity to relax and breathe in the fresh air whilst the train makes its way through the temperate rainforest. Keep an eye out for wallabies and lyrebirds in the rainforest. This century-old steam train continues to run on its original mountain track from Belgrave to Gembrook in the magnificent Dandenong Ranges.
Top off the morning with a visit to the lovely little village of Sassafras, where you can browse the antique, art, craft and speciality shops in this quaint village.
Where we visit:
- Dandenong Ranges
- Grants on Sherbrooke
- Puffing Billy Steam Train
- Sherbrooke Forest
Frequently Asked Questions
We suggest you bring enclosed walking shoes, sunglasses, a hat, sunscreen, a water bottle, and warm layers in cooler months. You'll also want to bring money for souvenirs.
We are more than happy to accommodate children; however, some restrictions may apply. There is no minimum age on the day tours, however, we do recommend that people travelling with children consider whether the itinerary is suitable, in particular the activities involved and the duration of the tour, to ensure the comfort of small children. For all tour types children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
On the day tours, the fleet can vary, and mini-coaches are sometimes used to accommodate smaller groups. These mini coaches do not have a restroom or reclining seats. However, regular stops are made so you can access facilities.
We pride ourselves on having the finest fleet of fuel-efficient, fully air-conditioned coaches, with onboard Wi-Fi for our guests’ convenience.
Reviews for Puffing Billy Heritage Steam Train & Dandenong Ranges
Total review count and overall rating based on Backpackerdeals and Travello reviews.
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
- The operator reserves the right to cancel tours and amend prices, itineraries and days of operation as required. At times it may be necessary to provide alternative transport
- Any personal expenses incurred by a client as a result of any delay, alteration or curtailment of any tour, whether caused by flooding or any other causes are the responsibility of the client
- Refunds are not available for wet weather or changing weather conditions
- Clients are strongly advised to take out travel insurance
- The operator reserves the right to refuse to carry anyone if it is felt the individual cannot cope with the requirements of coach tour travel and who may require services and facilities that the operator\s cannot guarantee will be available
- Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult
Should you wish to cancel your tour, the following cancellation fees will apply.
- Within 48 hours of the departure date – 50% of the tour price
- Within 24 hours of the departure date or no show – 100% of the tour price
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.
- *Please advise hotel*
- Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda
- Adina Grand Apartments
- Apollo Bay Hotel***
- Atlantis Hotel
- Como Hotel
- Crown Metropol
- Crown Promenade
- Crown Towers
- Crowne Plaza Hotel
- Cumberland Resort***
- Federation Square Office
- Grants on Sherbrooke
- Holiday Inn Flinders
- Ibis Hotel Therry St
- Ibis Swanston
- Intercontinental Hotel The Rialto
- Langham Hotel
- Mantra Lorne
- Mantra on Russell
- Marriott Hotel
- Mercure Grand on Swanston
- Mercure Pullman Albert Park
- Mercure Welcome
- Novotel Collins
- Oaks on Market
- On Coach
- Pan Pacific Melbourne
- Park Hyatt
- Pullman on the Park
- Radisson Flagstaff
- Short Stay Apartments
- Sofitel Hotel
- The Savoy Hotel Little Collins
- Travelodge Docklands
- Windsor Hotel
Book your experience stress-free and know we're here to help.
Get Instant Confirmation