- Spectacular coastal views along the Mornington Peninsula
- Picturesque views from Arthurs Seat
- Visit 3 highly renowned boutique wineries
- Enjoy a gourmet cafe lunch in artisan town of Flinders
- Taste the region's chocolate, strawberries and local produce
- Sample fresh goats' cheese from Main Ridge Dairy
- See the famous bayside beach boxes
- Produce purchased on the day at own expense
WHAT TO EXPECT
Join this indulgent wine tour to the Mornington Peninsula, famous for its cool climate wines and fresh local produce. There will be plenty of tasty treats on the bus, music to get the right vibes going and plenty of delicious stops along the way!
Views to rival the Mediterranean
Before exploring the beautiful peninsula, we will take in spectacular ocean views from Arthurs Seat. The panoramic views of Port Phillip Bay are glorious and the Melbourne skyline glittering in the distance will make you want to stay in the bay forever. You'll enjoy a lovely lunch in Flinders, based on the southern edge of the peninsula, this seaside town faces the untamed Southern Ocean with many gorgeous beaches to explore. After lunch, you will have time to walk around the town and check out its many galleries and boutique shops.
Main Ridge Dairy
Step into the charming Main Ridge boutique dairy. Here you will have the change to try an array of freshly made goats' cheese in a beautiful, quaint setting.
The award-winning wineries
We will sample T’Gallant Winery's extraordinary selection of artisan wines, influenced by European traditions and made with an Australian twist. You will also have the chance to visit Merricks General Wine Store, which is the cellar door to three of the Peninsula’s oldest wineries! We will end the day in style with a cheese platter and some afternoon delights at Green Olive Winery in Red Hill, a friendly and vibrant venue with excellent wines, and winner of the “Excellence in Food Tourism” award at the 2015 Australian Tourism Awards.
*Wineries are subject to availability and may be changed at any time
Sunnyridge Strawberry Farm
At Sunnyridge Strawberry Farm you can pick your own strawberries (seasonal), as well as sample mouthwatering ciders and strawberry liqueurs. If you have a sweet tooth, we strongly recommend trying the strawberries with chocolate dipping sauce or strawberry ice cream smothered in strawberry sauce! Surrounded by the rolling hills of the peninsula, Sunnyridge strawberry farm is a true country escape from Melbourne.
Merricks General Wine Store
The Merricks General Wine Store is a Peninsula icon established in 1924. Today it serves as the cellar door for Baillieu, Elgee Park, Quealy wines and vignerons with deep ties to the Mornington Peninsula. It's a charming old building with lots of local produce available for you to purchase.
Green Olive Winery at Red Hill
This winery has the wow factor! Finish the day with sharing a delicious cheese platter and wine tasting at this award-winning winery. This family-run business is set on a hillside and overlooking a large dam, visitors can enjoy a wide range of farm produce, tapas dishes, wine from their vineyard and a delightful farm experience.
- All wine and cheese tastings
- Lunch at café / restaurant
- Gourmet afternoon tea
- Water throughout the day
- A professional, entertaining tour guide
- Complimentary inner city pick up/ drop off
- On-board fridge to keep your freshly produced purchases cool
What to bring
- Warm clothing
- Money to purchase products
- Operates: Thurs/Sat/Sun
- Duration: 1 Day
- Departure point: St Paul’s Cathedral, corner of Swanston St & Flinders St at 07:45am (possibility to choose another pickup location in the checkout page)
- Departs: Melbourne 7:45 am (approx.)
- Returns: Melbourne 5:45pm (approx.)