- Spectacular coastal views along the Mornington Peninsula
- Picturesque views from Arthurs Seat
- Visit 3 highly renowned boutique wineries
- Sample fresh Goats Cheese from Main Ridge Dairy
- Gourmet Cafe Lunch in Artisan town of Flinders
- Sample the regions chocolate, strawberries and local produce
- See the famous bayside beach boxes
Produce purchased on the day at own expense
WHAT TO EXPECT
Join this unique wine tour! The Mornington Peninsula is famous for its cool climate wines and you'll be tasting the best! There will be plenty of tasty treats on the bus, music to get the right vibes going and all of that in a fun and social atmosphere.
Views to rival the Mediterranean
Before exploring the beautiful peninsula, we will take in breath-taking ocean views from Arthurs Seat. You will be lost for words when you see the panoramic views of Port Phillip Bay. Its green-blue eucalypt bush, golden beaches, and the Melbourne skyline glittering in the distance are bound to make you want to stay at the bay forever. You will enjoy a lovely lunch in Flinders, based on the southern edge of the peninsula. This seaside town opens out to the untamed Southern Ocean with breath-taking beaches. After lunch, you will have time to explore the town with its galleries and boutique shops.
Main Ridge Dairy
This boutique dairy is a place you will remember for a long time. While the goats bleat away in the background and the wind sighs through the trees, you will enjoy the taste of fresh goat cheese in a rustic building.
T’Gallant Winery has an extraordinary selection of artisan wines, influenced by European traditions and made with an Australian twist. Merricks General Wine Store, which is the cellar door to three of the Peninsula’s oldest wineries! Your taste buds are in for a real treat! We will end the day in style with a cheese platter and afternoon delights at Green Olive Winery at Red Hill a friendly and vibrant venue with excellent wines, and winner of the “Excellence in Food Tourism” award at the 2015 Australian Tourism Awards.
*Wineries are subject to availability and may be changed at any time
Sunnyridge Strawberry Farm
In this local strawberry farm. Here you can pick your own strawberries (Seasonal) and sample mouthwatering ciders and strawberry liqueurs. If you have a sweet tooth, we strongly recommend trying the strawberries with chocolate dipping sauce. Or strawberry ice cream smothered in strawberry sauce. Surrounded by the rolling hills of the peninsula, you will think you have found a little piece of paradise.
Merricks General Wine Store
This tin and timber shed is a must-see destination. The Merricks General Wine Store is a Peninsula icon established in 1924. Today it serves as the Cellar Door for Baillieu, Elgee Park and Quealy wines, vignerons with deep ties to the Mornington Peninsula.
Green Olive Winery at Red Hill
The wow factor! Finish the day with shared afternoon cheese platters and wine tastings at this award winning winery. This family-run business is set on a hillside and overlooking a large dam, visitors can enjoy a wide range of farm produce tapas dishes, wine from their vineyard and a unique farm experience.
- All wine and cheese tastings
- Lunch at café / restaurant
- Gourmet afternoon tea
- Water throughout the day
- A professional, entertaining tour guide
- Complimentary inner city pick up/ drop off
- On-board fridge to keep your freshly produced purchases cool
What to bring
- Warm clothing
- Money to purchase products
- Operates: Thurs/Sat/Sun
- Duration: 1 Day
- Departure point: St Paul’s Cathedral, corner of Swanston St & Flinders St at 07:45am (possibility to choose another pickup location in the checkout page)
- Departs: Melbourne 7:45 am (approx.)
- Returns: Melbourne 5:45pm (approx.)