- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- Discover Melbourne from a unique perspective, by kayak at night
- Enjoy a special dining experience
- Glide by numerous iconic Melbourne landmarks with a local guide
- Soak up the stunning views of Melbourne by night
- Enjoy the night time atmosphere of Melbourne's bar and restaurant precinct
- 1 x dinner (Fish n' Chips) + 1 bottle of water
- 2.5 to 3 hours of kayaking
- Includes all paddling accessories and waterproof bags
Moonlight Kayak Tour
Gilde along the Yarra River and watch the sun go down over Melbourne's impressive skyline.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Our tour ends at the boat landing area at the Rowing Sheds, right in the heart of Melbourne, and directly across the river from Federation Square. What an incredible way to experience Melbourne!
Meet on the wharf, at Shed 2 Victoria Harbour Promenade, Docklands. The tour ends at the Parks Victoria landing at the rowing sheds directly across the Yarra from Federation Square.
Bookings are available all year round. We need a minimum of 4 people for the tour to run.
A sun hat, sunscreen, sunglasses and a camera. You can wear your normal street clothes but you may want to bring a change of clothes if you are going out afterwards.
Moonlight Kayak Tour
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
I have never been kayaking before. Is that OK?
Absolutely. Your guide will give you lots of help and the tour begins with a training component.
How old do I have to be?
10 yrs and older is recommended for all the tours.
I don’t know if I am fit enough?
If you occasionally play sport, walk, work out or are somewhat active you will be fine. The paddling is not too strenuous.
How long is the tour?
The Moonlight Kayak Tour's duration is 2.5 hours
How many people on each tour?
Regular tours have a maximum of 12 but larger groups can be accommodated.
What does it include?
All your paddling gear, fish & chips
How much storage area is there in each boat?
LOTS! We use big stable sea kayaks which are designed to take big loads. The boats are big enough to take a medium size pack if need be. Day packs, hand bags etc are not a problem.
What do I need to bring?
You may wish to bring along extra water, hat, snacks and a camera. No special clothing is required - just dress appropriately for the weather. A change of clothes is a good idea if you are going out after the tour.
Can I take pictures?
Absolutely. There will be plenty of time for snaps along the way. Disposable waterproof cameras are ideal but we have had very few problems with digital cameras- so far! You can always ask your guide to hang on to your camera until you need it.
What if it rains?
Paddling in the rain is more fun than it sounds! The tours run rain, hail or shine; however, we reserve the right to cancel a tour if it is unsafe. If you are worried about the weather you can check the 4 day forecast for Melbourne before you book or contact us for more information.
Where is the meeting point?
Meet on the wharf at the Community Hub at The Dock, 912 Collins St, Docklands. The tour ends at the Parks Victoria landing at the rowing sheds directly across the Yarra River from Federation Square.
- Children must be 6 years of age to 11 years inclusively. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this kayaking tour in Melbourne.
Please note that the bookings are processed manually and please chat to us before making the booking or you can book with us and your booking is confirmed only once confirmed by the tour operator.
In the event that a booking is cancelled, the following fees will apply:
- Cancellations more than 2 days before departure: 25% of the total cost
- Cancellations less than 2 days before departure: 100% of the cost