- Return cruise on the Brisbane River from Southbank to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
- Informative commentary from the captain
- Homemade morning tea on the first leg
- Entry into Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, with 3 hours to explore
- A glass of beer or wine & a cheese plate on the return journey - for VIP bookings only
Koala & Brisbane River CruiseTake a cruise on the Brisbane River to visit the oldest and largest Koala Sanctuary in the world, Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.
- Premium wildlife experiences at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
What to Expect
Enjoy a memorable day out with the trip to the iconic Brisbane attraction, Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. It's the oldest and largest Koala Sanctuary in the world and is home to over 70 species of Australian native wildlife.
However, this tour is just as much about the destination as it is the journey. To reach the sanctuary, board the MV Mirimar in Brisbane’s Southbank district for a gentle cruise through the city’s most historic landscapes, iconic attractions, historical home sites and interesting wildlife habitats as you listen to an entertaining and informative commentary. Along the way, as part of this special package to celebrate the NRL Magic Round, you'll enjoy a delicious homemade morning tea as you take in the sights.
Arriving at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, you will have 3 hours to explore this wildlife wonderland, which has more than 130 koalas on site. Discover the Platypus House where you may get a chance to see the shy platypus, or check out owls, kites and sea eagles as they soar above you at the popular Flight Raptor show. Then, it's on to feed the kangaroos and wallabies; more than 100 of them live in the 5-acre reserve at Lone Pine. Along with koalas and kangaroos, Lone Pine hosts a sheepdog show where you see the hardworking dogs round up a herd of sheep, responding to their master’s whistles, calls and hand signals. Please note that there are 28 stairs to climb from the boat to the entry gates at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.
Once you've had your fill of cute and cuddly Aussie wildlife, it's time to reboard the vessel for the journey back to Brisbane. On the way, you'll get to relax with a glass of wine or beer and a delicious cheese plate, the perfect finish for a wonderful day out in Queensland's capital. The boat arrives back at the Cultural Centre Pontoon at 3:30 pm** Applicable for the VIP bookings only
Where we visit:
- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
- Koala Exhibit
- Platypus House
- Kangaroo Reserve
- Sheep Dog Show
- Flight Raptor show
- Koala & Brisbane River Cruise
FromAUD $77Value AUD $90SAVE AUD $13Check AvailabilityNext available: 12 Aug 2022
- Koala & River Cruise - VIP RETURN CRUISE- ENTRY INCLUDED COMBOEnjoy the Koala and River Cruise VIP package. Includes river cruise, entry into Lone Pine, morning tea then a drink with cheese plate on trip home.
FromAUD $100Value AUD $105SAVE AUD $5Check AvailabilityNext available: 12 Aug 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
- The vessel is fully licensed and no BYO alcoholic beverages can be bought onto the boat
- Boarding commences at 9.30 am with a 10.00 am departure
Guests can cancel free of charge until 24 hours before the departure date and time of your sunset cruise. After that time, no refund will be given (however we may be able to accommodate you on a different date).
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely