- Return transfers from Brisbane to Lamington National Park
- National Park entry fees
- Wild bird feeding
- Experience & friendly guide
- Tea, coffee, & hot chocolate
- Bottled water
Lamington Day Tour from Brisbane
Explore the beautiful and diverse Lamington National Park, home to all kinds of waterfalls, flora, and fauna.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Take a journey from Brisbane to Lamington National Park for a fun day of adventures through nature. You'll get collected from your Brisbane CBD accommodation for the 1-hour 30-minute drive to this national park in the Gold Coast hinterland. With landscapes over 225 million years old, Lamington National Park is on the UNESCO World Heritage list as part of the Gondwana Rainforests of Australia.
As the drive takes you up the Lamington Plateau, you'll have ample opportunity to absorb the spectacular valley views and spot native wildlife on the way. Lamington National Park has over 160km of tracks, however, today's adventure tackles the Elabana Falls and Picnic Rock Trail. It starts near O'Reilly and is just over 7 kilometres in length. The first section of the trail takes you through Antarctic Beech forest, where you'll also get to see some of the oldest Brush Box trees in the National Park. Take a break and breath in the fresh air of the forest around you at Picnic Rock.
Continue further down the trail for the highlight of the track, the stunning Elabana Falls. There's a touch of adventure before you get there though, as they're only accessible by a short scramble across some boulders. However, it's worth the effort. The clear mountain waters run from high up in the forest, plunging into the deep, swirling pools. The result is a beautiful, multi-tiered waterfall, that's just picture perfect – so don't forget your camera! You'll spend as much time as you like at the falls, and might even be lucky enough to spot local residents such as the Lamington Spiny Crayfish.
Once you've had your fill of peaceful scenery, the next stop is the world-renowned Tree Top Walkway. It's an easy yet exciting walk that consists of 9 suspension bridges that sit up to 16 metres above the ground. If you're feeling brave, you can even climb to the viewing deck that sits in a fig tree 30 metres above the ground. You'll be rewarded with a bird's-eye view of the forest.
Packed in among all your adventures is a delicious and healthy lunch to replenish your energy. Plus, you'll get tea, coffee, and hot chocolate, which is often well-received due to the cooler temperatures in the park.
Where we visit:
- Lamington National Park
- Picnic Rock
- Elabana Falls
- Tree Top Walkway
Lamington Day Tour from Brisbane
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
What should I wear?
Choose an outfit that is suitable for walking, and wear closed in shoes that provide support for your feet. Be sun safe and wear sunscreen and a hat. Insect repellant is also a good idea.
- The operator reserves the right to cancel a tour where it is considered unsafe to operate – e.g. severe/dangerous weather/road or park closures. In the event that a tour is cancelled, customers will be offered an alternative date or full refund
- The operator runs nature-based, outdoor activities and the tours will operate in all weather conditions provided it is declared safe. The operator reserves the right to amend the tour itinerary to best suit the weather conditions and ensure the comfort and safety of guests
The operator offers a flexible cancellation/amendment policy:
- Up to 24 hours before the tour start time:
- Cancellation – Full refund to the customer
- Amendment to booking – requests will be met wherever possible
- Within 24 hours of tour start time:
- Cancellation or amendment will incur forfeiture of the full cost of the booking
Read full supplier's terms & conditions