- Return transfers from Brisbane pick-up locations
- Return ferry transfers to Moreton Island
- Guided snorkelling tour of the Tangalooma Shipwrecks
- Guided transparent kayak tour of the Tangalooma Shipwrecks
- Use of snorkelling equipment, safety vests, wet suits, and see-through bodyboards
- Picnic lunch on the beach
- Sand tobogganing
- 4WD adventure
1 Day Moreton Island Get Wrecked Tour from Brisbane or Gold CoastSpend a full day exploring Moreton Island, including snorkelling the famous shipwrecks and tobogganing down giant sand dunes.
- National Park & Ferry Fees - $50 per Adult and $35 per child under 14 years to be paid in cash to Driver upon departure.
What to Expect
Moreton Island is a unique paradise of golden beaches, rolling surf and beautiful freshwater lakes. Your jam-packed day starts with collection from one of the convenient Brisbane pick-up locations for your transfer to the marina. The ferry journey takes approximately 90 minutes, and you can enjoy comfortable seating indoors, or head out onto the deck for the chance to spot frolicking dolphins on the crossing. Take cash so you can grab a snack or coffee from the onboard cafe and bar.
Once you arrive on the island, you can start the day off easy by relaxing and enjoy the breathtaking scenery of Tangalooma Beach. Go for a swim in the crystal clear water, or enjoy a spot of beach volleyball.
For more of an adventure, join the guided snorkelling tour of the Tangalooma shipwrecks for the change to spot turtles, dolphins, coral and thousands of beautiful reef fish. The wrecks are a collection of 15 scuttled vessels that were sunk between 1963 and 1984 to create an artificial reef and protected anchorage spot for recreational boats. Over 100 fish species call the wrecks home, and you might even spot wobbegongs or dugongs!
If you prefer to stay dry, you can still discover the hidden underwater wonders of the Tangalooma wrecks with a fully guided transparent kayak tour. These amazing vessels allow you to see straight through the bottom to spy fish, turtles, coral and even dolphins as you paddle safely through the maze of sunken shipwrecks. Plus, you'll also experience the awesome fish feeding frenzy from the kayaks!
Break up all of the action with a delicious Aussie picnic lunch on the beach. It'll give you a chance to pause and replenish your energy before the day continues.
Next, it's time to jump in the 4WD "Tough Bus" for an all-terrain adventure through the rugged tracks of Moreton Island. Enjoy air-conditioned comfort and scenic viewing on the way to "The Desert". Here you'll feel the exhilaration of sand tobogganing at speeds of up to 70km/h. This fully supervised activity is guaranteed to give you the thrill ride of a lifetime as you slide down a huge naturally formed sand dune.
Your 1-day adventure on Moreton Island concludes with the ferry crossing back to the mainland. Enjoy a drink from the bar, reflect on the day with travelling companions, or squeeze in a cheeky nap after such a big day!
Where we visit:
- Moreton Island
- Tangalooma shipwrecks
- Tangalooma Beach
- The Desert
- Brisbane Coach Terminal FREE Pick-up Brisbane Coach Terminal Pick-up
FromAUD $139Value AUD $149SAVE 7%Check AvailabilityNext available: 19 Aug 2022
- Gold Coast FREE Pick-up Mantra on View Hotel
FromAUD $169Value AUD $179SAVE 6%Check AvailabilityNext available: 19 Aug 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
The boat trip is approximately 90 minutes from the Port of Brisbane to Moreton Island.
The Local Fees/Pay On Board Fees include the return boat ticket and the national park fee. The national park fee allows you to access the National park/World Heritage Listed Area.
A towel, swimmers, sunglasses, sunscreen, insect repellant, hat, thongs, walking shoes, water bottle, waterproof camera, money to buy drinks or snacks from the licenced bar on the boat.
Yes, and for free.
We provide masks, gloves, snorkel and fins.
Yes, and for free. We have a wide range of life jackets and body board for floatation.
No. Please bring your own towels.
Yes. There is a cold shower for you to freshen up after your swim.
Usually around 6pm to Brisbane Coach Terminal and to Gold Coast around 7 pm. Some of the days there is later ferry so could be 7.30-8 back in Gold Coast during holidays.
- The operator reserves the right to alter or cancel any section of the itinerary which may result from road, traffic, weather, mechanical, or any other condition or failure or delay of an operational nature without penalty, & such conditions will be considered as a Force Majeure Event
- No responsibility or liability will be taken in the event of injury from pre-existing medical conditions (eg: bad back), accident, injury, loss or damage to persons or property due to persons own negligence
- Participants under the age of 18 travelling without a parent or guardian are required to notify the operator before booking. A waiver form will be provided for parents or guardians to sign before tour departure. If a minor arrives on tour without parent or guardian permission and without a signed form, the minor will not be able to participate in activities of risk, and will not be eligible for a refund
- Minimum booking numbers apply
- National parks & ferry fees of $50 must be paid in cash to the driver upon departure
- More than 7 days notice incurs a 5% cancellation fee
- 73 hours to 7 days' notice incur a 25% cancellation fee
- 25-72 hours' notice incurs a 50% cancellation fee
- Less than 24 hours' notice incurs a 100% cancellation fee
- (SUNSET STAFF USE ONLY) OTHER BNE (See comments) @ 07:00
- (SUNSET STAFF USE ONLY) OTHER GC (See comments) @ 05:45
- Brisbane Coach Terminal, located on Parkland Crescent @ 07:00
- Gold Coast - Mantra on View Hotel (22 View Avenue Surfers Paradise) @ 05:45
- MiCat Ferry - Port of Brisbane (14 Howard Smith Dr, Port of Brisbane) @ 07:45
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely