- Tandem skydiving in Wanaka from 9000ft, 12000ft or 15000ft
- The most reliable weather conditions on the South Island and along the West Coast for skydiving
- A highly experienced team, operating for over 21 years which is over 120,000 tandem skydives!
- Epic location - Southern Alps and Mt Cook will blow your mind!
- Spot the Clutha River from above - it's the longest river on the South Island
- Free transport from Wanaka or Queenstown (subject to availability)
- All outer clothing and safety equipment supplied
- World-class dropzone facilities
Skydive Lake WanakaWanaka has the most reliable weather conditions on the South Island... so get ready to jump from 15,000ft!
What to Expect
One of the most epic places to skydive in New Zealand? It has to be the beautiful Lake Wanaka!
Skydive Wanaka promises to deliver a unique tandem skydiving experience. With spectacular views over the Southern Alps and a bird's eye view of the Clutha River (South Island's longest river), you'll take away memories that will last a lifetime. Plus, Wanaka has the most reliable weather conditions on the South Island and West Coast, so your skydive is likely to go ahead. Your needs will be taken care of by the enthusiastic and highly qualified tandem skydive team, your comfort, safety and reassurance are their main priority. So strap yourself to a beautiful stranger and let the adventure begin!
Photo & video packages:
You can book your photo and video package on arrival at the venue.
Our maximum weight is 115kg/253lbs. All persons over 95kg are subject to Tandem Master assessment at the drop zone. Persons 95kg – 104.9kg will incur a weight surcharge of $50 and those 105kg-115kg will incur a weight surcharge of $75 (payable at time of check-in). The minimum weight is 30kg/66lbs and all passengers must be big enough to fit safely into the harness.
Pick up is available from Queenstown and Wanaka. Please note trips on the half-hour (eg. 11.30, 12.30) are only available to self-drive customers.
From Wanaka: allow 2.5 hours return trip. Transport is available from i-SITE Wanaka – 103 Ardmore Street, Wanaka (for on-the-hour trips).
From Queenstown: allow 5.5 hours return trip. Transport is available from New Zealand Skydive Centre, 35 Shotover Street, Queenstown for 9.00 am and 2.30pm trips only. Check in at 7.15am and 1.15pm respectively.
Frequently Asked Questions
The stunning Lake Wanaka is situated in the South Island of New Zealand. From Queenstown, it takes only a one-hour drive north. Skydive Wanaka operates tandem skydiving experiences from Wanaka Airport. The airport is situated 10km from the centre of Wanaka. To get to Wanaka Airport, you just have to follow State Highway 6 towards Cromwell/Queenstown. The Skydive Wanaka hangar is located at the end of Mustang Lane at Wanaka Airport. Turn right and follow the signs once you pass the entrance.
Free transport can be organised if you don't have your own transport. Whether you're staying in Queenstown or in Wanaka, you can simply jump aboard our bus and you'll be transported to the skydiving location.
- From Queenstown - Free transport departs daily at 7am and 1pm. Location: NZONE Shop, 35 Shotover Street, Queenstown. Please choose your check in time accordingly - allow approximatively 1h30 min to drive from Queenstown to Wanaka).
- From Wanaka - Free pick-ups can be organised from outside i-SITE Wanaka. Pick up time will be 15mins prior to trip time, ie 12.45pm for 1pm trip time.
- Min age 6yrs old
- Min weight 30kgs/66Lbs
- Min height 120cm / 47.2inches
- Children 12yrs and under are permitted to skydive from a maximum of 9,000ft
- All children are subject to an assessment on the day by the tandem master
- Passengers under 18 years require written parental/guardian consent
- Our maximum weight is 115kg/253lbs. All persons over 95kg are subject to Tandem Master assessment at the drop zone. Persons 95kg – 104.9kg will incur a weight surcharge of $50 and those 105kg-115kg will incur a weight surcharge of $75 and a 115kg+ weight surcharge of $100 (payable at time of check in). The minimum weight is 30kg/66lbs and all passengers must be big enough to fit safely into the harness.
- Allow 3 hours return from Wanaka and 5 hours return from Queenstown.
- Trips depart every half hour. Please note trips on the half-hour (eg. 11.30) are only available to self-drive customers.
- Allow 5.5 hours return trip ex Queenstown. Transport is available from New Zealand Skydive Centre, 35 Shotover Street, Queenstown for
Allow 2.5 hours return trip ex Wanaka. Transport is available from i-SITE Wanaka – 103 Ardmore Street, Wanaka (for on-the-hour trips). 9 am and 2.30pm trips only. Check in at 7.15am and 1.15pm respectively.
- Unfortunately, due to weather safety reasons, we cannot allow your personal cameras onboard the aircraft.
Please note that the bookings are processed manually and please chat to us before making the booking or you can book with us and your booking is confirmed only once confirmed by the tour operator.
In the event that a booking is cancelled, the following fees will apply:
- Cancellations more than 24 hours before departure: no fee
- Cancellations within 24 and 12 hours of departure: 50% of the total cost
- No-shows: 100% of the cost
- Please note: in the event of weather conditions cancelling the trip, full refunds will be provided.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely