- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- Cave tubing (black water rafting) in Ruakuri Caves
- 3 hours of black water rafting
- Experienced caving guides
- All equipment included (footwear, tubes, wetsuits, helmets, abseiling devices and safety equipment.)
- A small waterfall jumping
- Hot shower after tour
The Black Labyrinth - Black Water Rafting WaitomoEnjoy 3 hours of adventurous black water tubing through Ruakuri Cave!
- Transfers from accommodation
Why do we love this
We love that you get to jump into cascading
What to Expect
Release your inner daredevil on this epic adventure through Ruakuri Cave. A climbing, black water tubing and waterfall jumping adventure awaits!
This 3-hour tour will see you conquer cascading waterfalls and float serenely down an underground river. You'll admire the marvellous lights of glowworms as you go, before emerging into the sunlight of the Waitomo forest.
This is the original Waitomo black water rafting! Start the journey with a stretch of tubing through Ruakuri Cave.
According to Maori legends, a young Maori hunting for birds first discovered Ruakuri Cave 400-500 years ago! Today, it's the perfect place for a tubing adventure.
Home to an abundance of glowworms, Ruakuri Cave fills your water rafting experience with an air of magic, Float beneath these glistening animals and enjoy the thrill of a black water rafting adventure as you go.
Ruakuri Cave is also filled with beautiful stalagmites and stalactites that add to the magic. Another natural wonder here is the shawl-like formations which formed by flowing rivers. Fossilised seashells indicate how the caves were part of the seabed a long time ago.
Admire the natural formations as you travel along the underground river. Then, get your heart racing as you jump into cascading waterfalls!
A complimentary hot shower is included after this tour. Regain your strength (and warm up!) as you chat with your fellow rafters about your awesome experience.
- You must be 12 years and 45kg+
- In good physical condition
- Water temperature 10-14°C / 50-57°F
Frequently Asked Questions
Waitomo Homestead, 584 State Highway 3, Waitomo , 3977, New Zealand
- Subject to availability and weather conditions.
- Maximum of 12 people per trip.
- To complete the Black Labyrinth cave tubing tour requires a moderate level of fitness.
- Minimum age restrictions apply - You must be 12 years and 45kg +.
- All equipment is provided, including footwear, tubes, wetsuits, helmets, abseiling devices and safety equipment.
- Please note that you need to bring your own swimsuit and towels.
- Cancellations must be made by phone to the Discover Waitomo office at least 24 hours ahead of the booked experience.
- Cancellations made within 24 hours of the booked experience occurring are 100% non-refundable.
- Cancellations made prior to 24 hours of the booked experience occurring are refundable but customers will be charged a $20 administration fee.
- In the case of a cancellation where a refund is allowed – the refund will be made to the card used in the original transaction method.
Cancellations or changes by operator:
- Discover Waitomo reserves the right to cancel bookings as a result of health & safety concerns, weather conditions or unforeseen event or circumstance. In the event that your experience is cancelled by the operator – you will be entitled to 100% refund of your purchase.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely