- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- A unique sunrise experience, with entry to the Field of Light to explore this wonderland in the pre-dawn darkness
- Tea, coffee or hot chocolate as you watch the sunrise over Uluru & Kata Tjuta from the viewing platform
- Transport on board a luxury coach with the services of an experienced Driver Guide
- Convenient return transfers from selected Ayers Rock Resort accommodation
What to Expect
Start your day in the Red Centre in a unique way, experiencing the incredible Field of Light followed by views of the sunrise over Uluru and Kata Tjuta.
Internationally acclaimed artist Bruce Munro is noted for his immersive site-specific installations that employ light to evoke an emotional response, often in an outdoor context and on a monumental scale. His Field of Light is installed in a remote desert area within sight of majestic Uluru and is his largest installation to date.
In the dark of the very early morning, you will be picked up at your accommodation in a luxury coach to be taken the very short distance to the exclusive Field of Light. After some background commentary about the artist and his piece, you'll be able to enjoy the 50,000 globes of light in the desert before making your way up the hill to the Field of Light sunrise viewing platform.
Once at the platform, enjoy a warming cup of tea, coffee or hot chocolate as the sun starts to creep light throughout the sky. Watch in awe as it pops up in the distance behind Uluru, flooding the landscape, including Kata Tjuta behind you, with light. Then, as the natural light brightens the landscape, the Field of Light will dim for the day.
Enjoy some amazing photos from this unique raised location that allows you to view both Kata Tjuta and Uluru in all their natural glory.
You'll return to the resort in time for breakfast, all flight transfers or further activities.
Where we Visit:
- Field of Lights
- Sunrise Viewing platform
Frequently Asked Questions
- Enclosed walking shoes
- Warm layers in cooler months
- Flynet in summer months (optional)
- Water bottle
- The operator reserves the right to cancel tours and amend prices, itineraries and days of operation as required. At times it may be necessary to provide alternative transport
- Any personal expenses incurred by a client as a result of any delay, alteration or curtailment of any tour, whether caused by flooding or any other causes are the responsibility of the client
- Clients are strongly advised to take out travel insurance
- Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult
- All passengers will need to sign a mandatory personal Travel Declaration within 72 hours before the trip departs. The operator reserves the right to refuse to carry anyone if it is felt the individual cannot cope with the requirements of coach tour travel and who may require services and facilities that the operator\s cannot guarantee will be available
Should you wish to cancel your tour, the following cancellation fees will apply.
- Within 48 hours of the departure date – 50% of the tour price
- Within 24 hours of the departure date or no show – 100% of the tour price
- Ayers Rock Campground
- Desert Gardens Hotel
- Outback Pioneer Hotel & Lodge
- Sails in the Desert Hotel
Reviews for Uluru Sunrise & Field of Light
Get Instant Confirmation