- Professionally guided tours
- National park entry fees
- 1-night camping accommodation (permanent tent with bed or swag under the stars)
- Towel and sleeping bag
- Transport in an air-conditioned 4WD vehicle
- Meals (1 dinner, 1 breakfast)
- Sparkling and nibbles on the first night
Where We Visit
- Ebenezer Roadhouse
- Atila (Mount Connor)
- Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park
- Mutitjulu Waterhole
- Field of Lights (available for additional fee)
Why Do We Love This
This tour is short and sweet and full of Northern Territory's most famous sights!
What to Expect
Do Northern Territory the right way by booking an intimate one-night camping experience at Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park. On this guided overnight tour, you will get to witness Uluru (Ayers Rock) at sunset and sunrise, learn all about the indigenous history of the area, sip bubbly under the stars of the great outback and much more.
Begin your day with a complimentary 6am pickup directly from your Alice Springs or Ayers Rock accommodation. Alternatively, you can choose to travel directly to Ayers Rock Airport or Outback Pioneer Hotel at Ayers Rock Resort, where you will be picked up at 1pm.
Once you meet up with your guides, hop into your air-conditioned 4WD and head south towards Erldunda. You will drive through the Waterhouse and James Ranges and get take a brief pit stop at a working Camel Farm. Refreshments will be provided at no extra charge. Next up, stop at Mount Ebenezer Roadhouse, a famous destination for viewing and purchasing artifacts made by the Aboriginal community. Finally, stop at Atila (Mount Connor), which is a flat-topped sandstone rock formation often mistaken by tourists for Uluru. While it covers a larger area than Uluru, it is a bit shorter.
After exploring Atila, take a break for lunch and then arrive at Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park. You will travel with your tour group to the base of Uluru, where you will take a walk around the base while learning all about Aboriginal law and religion (Tjukurpa). Then, get ready to meet up with your local First Peoples guide for who will share stories about the region, teach you about the traditional painting methods used in Aboriginal artwork, and discuss how the art plays an important role in sustaining local indigenous culture. Your guide will lead you on a walking tour to the cave paintings near Mutitjulu Waterhole at Uluru's base before ending the tour at the park's Cultural Centre, full of displays and additional information on the area, nature and culture.
After your tour, you will head back to camp for some sparkling wine and nibbles as you witness the gorgeous changing colours of Uluru at sunset. You will surely be tired after a jam-packed day, so take advantage of the opportunity to relax at your remote private campsite. Enjoy a special dining experience under the stars before hitting the hay in your very own comfy swag or safari tent.
Wake up, eat breakfast and then take a short walk to a lookout point to view an uninterrupted sunrise over Uluru and Kata Tjuta. Then, head off to see Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) up-close. This group of around 36 large, domed rock formations is a must-visit destination for anyone travelling to Northern Territory. Walk through the creeks and domes, enjoying the beautiful natural scenery of it all. Once you are done at Kata Tjuta, you will be dropped off at Ayers Rock Resort to conclude your tour.
Frequently Asked Questions
A torch, a wide-brimmed hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, a water bottle (1.5 liters), walking shoes or boots, sleeping bag if you prefer to use your own, toiletries, a towel, and a camera. Please wear comfortable and casual clothing.
We can cater for various dietary restrictions. If you have any food allergies or specific dietary needs please contact us to discuss these requirements and we will advise you if they can be catered for.
Reviews for Start & End Uluru 2 Day 1 Night Tour (Dingo)
Total review count and overall rating based on Backpackerdeals and Travello reviews.
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
- Due to limited space on the vehicle, please restrict luggage to a day pack and one soft overnight bag or backpack (maximum 10kg).
- All travellers will be expected to sign a waiver before commencing their tour acknowledging that they are aware of the increased risks associated with adventure travel and that they understand that the supplier will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, delay, accident or injury sustained whilst on tour with us.
The following cancellation fees will apply in the event you should cancel for any reason:
• 30 + days prior to departure – 25% of total price
• 14 – 29 days prior to departure – 50% of total price
• Within 14 days – 100% of total price
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.
- A Good Rest B&B
- Alice In The Territory
- Alice Lodge Backpackers
- Alice Motor Inn
- Alice on Todd
- Alice Station B&B
- Alice Tourist Apartment
- Alices Secret
- Aurora Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock Airport (01 APR 18 to 6 OCT 18)
- Ayers Rock Airport (01 OCT 17 to 31 MAR 18)
- Crown Plaza (was Lasseters Casino) (Pick up from building with Purple Entrance)
- Desert Palms Resort
- Desert Rose Inn
- Diplomat Motel
- Doubletree Hilton Alice Springs
- Elkira Court Motel
- Gday Mate Tourist Park
- Hillsview Tourist Apartment
- Hotel Mercure (was Chifley)
- Ibis Styles
- JUMP INN (4 Traeger Ave THE GAP)
- Kathys Place
- MacDonnell Range Holiday Park
- Nthaba Cottage
- Outback Pioneer Hotel (Departures from 1 APRIL 2014)
- Quest Alice Springs
- St Phillips Roundabout
- Stuart Caravan Park
- Swagmans Rest Hotel
- The Todd Tavern
- To be advised
- Vatu Sanctuary
- White Gum Motel
- Wintersun Caravan Park (Crn Stuart Hgw & Head St)
- YHA Alice Springs
Book your experience stress-free and know we're here to help.
Get Instant Confirmation