- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- 1 hr 30 min guided walking tour of Syndey's The Rocks district with stories of its history & heritage
- Departs from the meeting point at Shop 5 – Clocktower Square Cnr Argyle & Harrington Streets, The Rocks
WHAT TO EXPECT
There is no better way to get up close and personal with the living history and heritage of Sydney than on foot guided by a friendly and enthusiastic guide. Join Sydney's most experienced tour guides on a 1 hr 30 min leisurely walk around Sydney's historic The Rocks district.
Hear the story of Sydney from the beginning as you stroll along the shoreline of sparkling Sydney Harbour with views of the Sydney Opera House, the Sydney Harbour Bridge, past Campbell's Cove and Cadman's Cottage.
Wander down hidden alleyways, into shady courtyards, along cobbled lanes, discover the nooks and crannies, getting to know the true and intriguing history and heritage of Australia's first British settlement.
Be amazed by stories of the First Fleet 1788,Nurses Walk, the Rum Rebellion 1808, Suez Canal, the Argyle Cut 1840, the plague 1900, the Sydney Harbour Bridge 1920's, the diabolical 1970's plan to demolish The Rocks and the green bans that saved it. And, of course, hear of the characters and rogues who called it home.
Today, The Rocks is renowned for having the oldest streets in Sydney, which are dotted with beautifully restored nineteenth-century buildings.
Where we Visit:
- Campbell's Cove
- Cadman's Cottage
- Nurses Walk
- The Argyle Cut
- Suez Canal
- Sydney Harbour
Sydney & The Rocks Historic Walking Tour
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Minimum unit order: 1 persons.
Adult (From 1 April 2022):
Child (From 1 April 2022):
Family (2 adults, 2 children) (From 1 April 2022):
What should I wear?
It always pays to be prepared, so the operator suggests wearing comfy shoes, bringing a bottle of water, and packing all-weather gear appropriate to the day (umbrella, raincoat, jacket, hat, sunscreen, etc.)
What happens if it rains?
The tours are conducted in all weather; rain or shine. For your comfort, umbrellas are provided for use whilst on the tour if the day becomes inclement.
How strenuous is the tour?
The tours are conducted at a relaxed and easy pace, with consideration given to any participant’s special needs. The distance covered is approximately two kilometres, and this leisurely stroll pauses often to take in many of the significant sites and to recount interesting facts about the area.
As it is a heritage area, the tour does encounter a few flights of stairs and some uneven pathways. If you have any concerns regarding your ability to undertake the tour due to medical reasons or your level of fitness, please inform your guide prior the tour’s departure so they can ascertain whether this activity would be suitable.
Would the tour be suitable for wheelchairs/ prams?
Tours are conducted with a slightly modified route so as to be wheelchair/ pram friendly. However, the Operator kindly asks if they can be made aware of this at the time of booking or, if possible, prior to the tour’s departure.
- The Company will not proceed should the Company decide that the weather makes the participation in the tour unsafe, or for any other reason, at the absolute discretion of the Company
- All Participants must obey the directions and instructions of the Company’s guide, must not disturb other Participants or interfere with the Company guide’s ability to conduct the service in a safe manner
- All Participants will be required to disclose, to the guide prior to the commencement of the service, whether the participant suffers from any medical condition which may prevent the participant undertaking the tour, including, but not limited to, epilepsy, dizziness, limb or back injury, angina or other heart condition, severe or uncontrolled asthma, visual impairment, depression or recovering from recent surgery
- Bookings can only be cancelled by the Participant by giving written notice to the Company at least 24 hours before the original tour date
- Bookings can only be changed up to 24 hours prior to the original tour date, and changed only by time or date to another available time or date, and not reduction in number of Participants. The Company reserves the right to charge a booking fee on the purchase of tickets and an administration fee should tickets purchased be changed to another date or time
Read full supplier's terms & conditions
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely