- 360 degree views of Sydney Harbour
- Group Bridge Climb photograph
- Bridge Climb cap
- Certificate of achievement
- Free pass to the 'Pylon Lookout'
WHAT TO EXPECT
Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb: Twilight Tour This climb departs as the day closes, so you'll get the best of both worlds! Admire the beautiful colours of sunset and watch as Sydney switches on it's dazzling lights.
Your adventure starts in the climb base below the Bradfield Highway. You walk on catwalks until you have reached the south-east pylon. Here you'll ascend four ladders until the start of the upper arch. Enjoy the vibrant hum and buzz of Sydney's traffic as your background music. The journey continues along the outer arch of the Harbour Bridge on the Opera House side until you reach the top at 134 m above sea level. Enjoy the most epic view you'll ever get from one of Australia's most iconic structure. After a small summit happy dance with your group, you can cross the spine of the Harbour Bridge towards the Darling Harbour side and descend back to the climb base.
This is a climb you will never forget.
Your professional climb leader will guide you as you ascend the arches of the Bridge. So don't worry and enjoy the iconic views of Sydney, located in one of the most beautiful harbours on earth!
Throughout the climb, your leader will be sharing stories about the history of the Harbour Bridge. From the construction of the bridge, to its opening in 1932, to its importance in local celebrations today.
- 3 ½ hours long, max. 14 people per group.
- 1,332 steps.
- Ideal if you want to soak up the moment and take the upper arch.
- Ideal if you’re a bit nervous and would like more support from our Climb Leaders.
- You can do this Climb at dawn (limited departures), day, twilight or night.
For safety reasons, you cannot carry anything with you on the Bridge. You can store your belongings, including phones and cameras, in secure lockers. The climb leaders will take action pics of you during the climb.
Your ticket to the top includes a climb group photograph, a Certificate of Achievement, a BridgeClimb Cap and a free ticket to the Pylon Lookout. If you would like to purchase additional photos, you can do so when you book your ticket or after your Climb.
About Sydney Harbour Bridge
The Sydney Harbour Bridge is one of the most well known and photographed landmarks in Australia. It is the largest (but not the longest) steel arch bridge in the world. The top of the bridge is standing 134 metres above the harbour. Locals call the bridge the 'Coathanger', because of its arch-based design.
5 things you need to know before you climb:
- Your health and safety is important: If you are pregnant or have any pre-existing health conditions please refer to the Health and Safety Essentials section below as you may need to provide a doctor’s certificate of fitness note before you climb. You must have a blood-alcohol reading below 0.05 to climb (the same as if you are driving). We will ask you to complete a BridgeClimb Declaration Form before your Climb. Please be honest about your health so we can ensure your wellbeing is not at risk. All discussions will be confidential.
- How should you prepare for your Climb: Ensure that you have eaten before your Climb and you’re well-hydrated – the experience can last up to 3 ½ hours. Wear comfortable, enclosed rubber-soled shoes such as running, sport or hiking shoes and don’t forget your sunglasses. We recommend wearing comfortable clothing. We’ll equip you with everything else you need for your Climb! Ensure you arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled Climb time to allow enough time to check in.
- All your personal belongings can be stored in lockers, including cameras: We provide FREE secure lockers for you to keep your personal belongings in, including phones, cameras and GoPros. Our Climb Leaders will capture photos of you during your Climb. For safety and security reasons, cameras, video technology and mobile devices are prohibited on the Climb.
- You must be 8 years old and 1.2 metres in height, or taller: Children aged 8 to 15 must be accompanied by and are the responsibility of an adult, with a maximum of three children per adult.
- Climbs operate in all weather conditions: We will equip you with all the gear you need to keep you dry. In case of extreme weather conditions like electrical storms or during times of extremely high wind, Climbs may be postponed.