- Pick up from select locations in Sydney by minibus
- 3.5+ hours, 6km (3.7mi) return guided adventure hike to the Figure 8 Pools amongst changing terrain that includes some steep sections (Medium to high fitness level, grade 4 level)
- Spot wildlife and even Humpback whales on the coast during migration season (May-November)
- Walk through Burning Palms Beach see the heritage listed ‘Shack Communities’
- Beach and ocean safety talk at Burning Palms beach
- Spend some time at the Figure 8 Pools for a swim and photos before the hike back up
- Visit Garie Beach and enjoy a picnic lunch (sandwiches)
- Explore, swim and chill at one of the local lagoons and beaches in the area (Wattamolla or Bundeena)
- 1 Free drink back in Sydney at a local backpackers bar
- National Parks and Wildlife Services Fees
WHAT TO EXPECT
Sydney’s newest and hippest day trip to the Figure Eight Pools with Barefoot Downunder! We are excited to have the exclusive rights as the only tour operator to take groups to the Figure Eight Pools in the Worlds 2nd oldest National Park – the Royal National Park, found just 37 Km (23 miles) and only 45 minutes south of Sydney. It’s a day of fun and adventure that includes hiking, sightseeing, swimming, spotting wildlife, beautiful beaches led by our awesome guides!
Barefoot Downunder is excited to have the exclusive rights as the only solo tour operator allowed to take groups to the Figure 8 Pools in the Royal National Park. If you are looking for an adventure that includes hiking, sightseeing, beaches, wildlife, swimming, beautiful scenery and amazing views that is heaps of fun then you need to book our Figure 8 Pools Coastal Adventure tour!
Our Figure 8 Pools Coastal Adventure Tour takes you out to explore this spectacular area found just 45 minutes South of Sydney and 37 Km (23 miles) and only 45 minutes in the Worlds 2nd oldest National Park. It is a must-do for all young travellers, backpackers and students looking for a day of fun and adventure just out of Sydney.
Visit the Audley picnic area and see where the Kangaroo Creek joins the Hacking River. Head out on a 6km (3.7 mi) return hike in the Worlds 2nd oldest National Park along changing terrain with spectacular scenery that includes some steep sections and requires a medium to high level of fitness.
Walk through Burning Palms Beach and see the heritage listed Coastal Shacks before continuing along the coast and across the rocks to reach the Figure 8 Pools. Spend some time to relax and enjoy the area while taking in the amazing views of the surroundings before making the hike back up the mountain.
Visit Garie beach, a beautiful little beach in the Royal National Park that is surrounded by coastal headlands. Here you can enjoy a picnic lunch then it’s off to the next adventure where you can explore, swimand relax at one of the local lagoons and beaches.
Jump back in the bus to chill as we pump some good tunes and make our way out of the Royal National Park back to Sydney for our 1 drop off at Central YHA Hostel.
Everyone gets to enjoy a FREE drink at the end of the day at one of the local backpacker bars back in Sydney!
*Depending on tide times the activities can be reversed in the day in order to reach the Figure Eight Pools at low tide.
What to bring:
1litre of water and snacks, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, swimmers and towel, hiking shoes/trainers, camera, a sense of fun and