- Explore stunning Nelson Bay
- Experience sand boarding at Anna Bay
- Enjoy a yummy BBQ lunch and try some kangaroo
- Snorkel and swim at Fly Point or spot dolphins and swim in the boom net
- Explore Shoal Bay's spectacular sea and sand
- Hike Mount Tomaree
- Relax at Zenith Beach
- Free drinks & nibbles at Sydney bar
Port Stephens Beach Trip from Sydney
Explore Port Stephens, Shoal & Anna Bay and enjoy chilled out beach vibes on this unique tour from Sydney.
- Please be aware that dolphin watching is an optional extra for $20 payable on the day. Sandboarding can be swapped for camel riding at an additional cost to the customer of $15 on the day.
Why do we love this
'It's the guides that make this tour really special. Run by Aussie backpackers for backpackers, you're guaranteed a crazy day full of fun, stunning scenery and beach action. We love the personal aspect that these guys add to their tours - you'll leave with some great friends and memories."
WHAT TO EXPECT
Get ready for a day full of sun, sand, sea and some seriously cool guides! Your Coast Warrior trip will be an experience you'll never forget.
Your adventure starts off in stunning Nelson Bay, and from there it's action time as you hit the road with some awesome tunes. Travel across the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge and catch some incredible views as you go. Get comfy and grab a couple more hours of sleep or have a chat with fellow travellers as you make the journey to your first stop at Anna Bay.
Once you arrive, jump into Trudy, the 4WD bus, and delve into the dunes for some sand action! Have a go at stand up sand boarding and master some moves on Anna Bay's towering sandy waves. If sandboarding isn't your thing, head to a local cafe or explore a nearby beach. You also have the option of swapping sandboarding for a camel ride for additional $15 on the day!
Afterwards, pile back into Trudy and hit the road to a bottle shop to grab some drinks for your BBQ lunch - there's even an esky aboard to keep your beers cold.
Next, it's time to hit the water and head out into Nelson Bay for a spot of dolphin watching. Take in breathtaking views around you and get even closer to the marine life as you swim in the boom net!
Please be aware that dolphin watching is an optional extra for $20 payable on the day. If you'd rather, you can stay ashore and swim, sunbath and check out Nelson Bay shops. There's also the option to grab a snorkel and go for a swim at nearby Fly Point.
After some water action, it's time for a rest and relax over a delicious BBQ lunch. Head to a nearby park for an authentic Australian BBQ and try some kangaroo if you're feeling adventurous. If you're not a meat eater don't worry - Coast Warrior caters for all dietary needs from vegetarians to vegan alike!
After lunch, it's time to make the trip to Shoal Bay, a beautiful stretch of clear water and sparkling sand. You'll be able to catch stunning views of the Nelson Bay Lighthouse and magnificent Mount Tomaree in the distance. Immerse yourself in this spectacular nature with a bushwalk to Mount Tamorree lookout area (approx 30 mins) or sit back on the beach, pump some music and enjoy the serenity.
Your last stop for the day is Shoal Beach Bay and secluded Zenith Beach where you can kick back and splash in the sea or relax on the sand.
Finally, head back to Sydney where you'll enjoy some free drinks and nibbles to conclude your beach adventure!
Tours depart every Sunday. Departure from 6:45 am. Return time approximately 6:30 pm.
Kings Cross Train Station (10 mins from Bondi, 20 mins from Coogee)
Sydney City near Central Train Station
Chatswood Train Station
Gordon Train Station
Do I have to bring a printed copy of my booking?
No, we love trees. No need to bring anything as we have your name and booking on our system.
Can I bring luggage?
Usually yes, BUT please be sure to email us before and ask.
What if I have dietary requirements?
If you are vegetarian, vegan or have allergies please email us prior to your tour.
What do I need to bring?
Depending on your specific tour, walking shoes, drinking water, warm jacket, swimming gear, camera, sunnies. We recommend backpacks to be small.
- For full terms & conditions: please visit
- We are backpackers, so we know life happens! Often we can move you to another day or refund you. Please just email us in advance preferably a few days. Name changes to a mate (or dorm buddy) are welcome even last minute. No shows on the day due to hangovers aren’t really acceptable but sometimes if the stories are awesome we can offer a future spot on a future tour if it has last minute space.
- **Chatswood Train Station** on Railway Street at 7:20am. 1-5 Railway Street, Chatswood NSW, Australia
- Kings Cross Pickup Departing Sharp @ 6:45am. 203 Victoria St, Potts Point.
- Sydney City Central Pickup Departing sharp @ 7:00am. 814 George St, Haymarket. Next to Roys Cafe & Wake Up hostel
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews