Take a walk in the woods of the World Heritage-listed Southwest National Park to uncover a world of giant trees & unique flora.
Tasmania Big Tree Hunting Highlights
- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- A full-day small-group nature tour to walk among the world's tallest & largest flowering plants
- Learn the science & the magic of these ancient forests with your knowledgeable botanist guide
- All national park entry fees
- Transport onboard a climate-controlled minivan
- Optional pick-ups from selected Hobart CBD accommodation
- Departs from the meeting point at 20 Davey St, Hobart
What to Expect
Frequently Asked Questions
More important than age is attitude. The Operator has found over the years that if you have a curious temperament and a thirst for adventure, then age is no barrier for any of the tours. However, they ask that children please be accompanied by an adult.
In Tasmania, you can experience four seasons in one day. The east coast is often dry while the west coast is wet. Wear layers. The sun can get hot, but once it goes down, the cool can set in fast. The Operator recommends you bring a sunhat (and beanie), sunscreen, water bottle, Any medications or assistive devices you require, a camera and a waterproof jacket. Wear sturdy shoes, but please clean them before the trip to prevent any soil or seed contamination.
There is some bushwalking on this tour so a basic level of fitness is required.
Due to the physical nature of this walking tour, it's not suitable for people with significant mobility issues.
The vehicles are conveniently equipped to carry collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark.
Reviews for Tasmania Big Tree Hunting
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.
- Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre