- 2 nights basic dormitory accommodation
- 2 x breakfast, 1 x dinner
- National Park entry fees
- Guided walks
- Experienced driver-guide
- Air-conditioned small group travel
- Select inner city pick-up/drop-off
What to Expect
Spend an amazing 3 days travelling along the Great Ocean Road and through Grampians National Park. Visit some stunning places including the 12 Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge, Mackenzie Falls, Halls Gap and many more magnificent sights throughout the region. Returning you back to Melbourne after an exceptional 3 day Great Ocean Road Tour in the early evening.
Day 1: Melbourne to Warrnambool
Day 2: Warrnambool to Halls Gap
Day 3: Halls Gap to Melbourne
The 12 Apostles
Witness the rugged splendour of the iconic 12 Apostles. These magnificent rock stacks rise up majestically from the Southern Ocean on Victoria's scenic coastline. The Apostles are limestone cliffs created due to erosion beginning 10–20 million years ago, the rough Southern Ocean and the blasting winds gradually eroded the softer limestone, forming caves in the cliffs. These caves are then transformed into arches, when the collapsed rock stacks up to 45 metres high they're left isolated from the shore.
Loch Ard Gorge
Loch Ard Gorge is a natural gem located about three minutes west of the mighty Twelve Apostles. It is a treasure trove of natural beauty, coastal wilderness and maritime history. Wander along the trails and explore the blowholes, offshore limestone stacks and towering cliffs. Find out all about the story of the Loch Ard shipwreck and learn about the rich maritime history of the area at the Port Campbell Visitor Information Centre.
An extinct volcano plain, Tower Hill Conservation Wildlife Reserve is rich in Aboriginal history and an abundance of wildlife. Later, hike up to the iconic Pinnacles and get an amazing view of the Grampians at the top.
Grampians National Park
The Grampians (or Gariwerd) is a series of majestic rugged sandstone mountain ranges and forests. It is one of the most popular holiday destinations in Victoria and is a great venue for climbing, camping, scenic drives and bush walks. You will find an abundance of wildlife aloong with many walking tracks in the park enabling you to explore cascading waterfalls, wildlflowers, native plants and panoramic views from lookouts. Highlights include a hike to the base of Mackenzie Falls, The Balconies, Reeds Lookout and Jaws of Death.
What to bring
- 1 litre water bottle
- 15kg soft luggage or small overnight bag
- Any medications you usually take
- Clothing for all weather conditions, warm jacket, thermals (advisable for the colder months
- Sturdy comfortable walking/hiking shoes with tread,
- Warm clothing
- Swimmers (summer months)
- Insect repellent
- Money for meals
- You can end the tour either at Melbourne
- Operates: Sun, Thurs (Oct-Mar); Sun (Apr-Sept)
- Duration: 3 days/2 nights
- Departs: Melbourne 7:35am (approx.)
- Arrives (on day 3): Melbourne 5.30pm (approx.)
We depart from Melbourne. First on the list is one of the world’s greatest coastal drives in the country: Great Ocean Road. We will be passing legendary surf spots on our way to Kennett River, the picture perfect place to photograph koalas and birdlife. We will stop at Apollo Bay for a lunch break (included in the tour). Next on our must-see list is the magnificent Twelve Apostles and Loch Ard Gorge. Then it is off to Warrnambool, where we will spend the night.
On the second day, we will finish the last part of the Great Ocean Road, and continue our journey towards the Grampians National Park. We then pay a visit to Brambuk Aboriginal Cultural Centre and learn all about the Dreamtime. Later it's time to loosen up the muscles. We're going to hike up the Pinnacles. At the top, we will be rewarded with a stunning view of the Grampians. At dinner time, a traditional Aussie BBQ awaits us in Halls Gap (Breakfast and dinner are included in the tour.
We will kick off day 3 with an active hike to Mackenzie Falls, the highest waterfall in the Grampians. Then we'll leave to the Balconies and Reeds Lookout. After an amazing 3 days, we will arrive back in Melbourne early in the evening.
Frequently Asked Questions
Water, hat, sunscreen, comfortable walking shoes, warm and cool clothing, flashlight, toiletries, rain jacket, camera, towel, insect repellent, spending money and a sense of adventure
Child age is 6-17 years. Trips that include accommodation nights within the itinerary:
● Basic Dormitory Share (Quad) - fares apply to Adults 18+ over
● Standard Private Share (Double/Twin) - fares apply to Adults and/or Child
● Standard Private Room (Single) - fares apply to Adults 18+ over
Children aged between 6 to 17 years old are required to stay in private rooms. Not suitable for infants or children 5 years and under.
Reviews for 3 Day Great Ocean Road & Grampians Tour - Start & End Melbourne
Total review count and overall rating based on Backpackerdeals and Travello reviews.
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
Although every effort is made, the supplier shall not be liable for any illness, injury, damages, loss, delay or failure to join the tour that may occur due to factors beyond our control. We highly recommend all passenger have travel insurance coverage.
The supplier retains the right to alter routes, itineraries, bus types and configurations, fares adjustments, days of operation or even cancel tours if unforeseen circumstances occur. Other accredited tour operators may be used on some tours.
● Basic Dormitory Share (Quad) – fares apply to Adults 18+ over
● Standard Private Share (Double/Twin) – fares apply to Adults and/or Child
● Standard Private Room (Single) – fares apply to Adults 18+ over
Children aged between 6 to 17 years old are required to stay in private double rooms and must be accompanied by an adult or legal guardian. All accommodation upgrades are subject to availability and on request. Not suitable for infants or children 5 years and under.
The customer shall comply with all Government (Federal, State and Territory) COVID entry restrictions and vaccination guidelines or testing requirements for entry into Australia and/or at the time of travel for tour and transport services. Where the customer is not vaccinated and/or tested prior to departure, the customer will forfeit any and all monies paid and GLT holds the right to refuse boarding. Where the customer cancels due to travel restrictions other than vaccination or testing requirements, the operator shall have the discretion to
(a) offer a refund or credit voucher (to be used at a later time); or
(b) to forfeit any and all monies paid by the customer.
For the purposes of (a), the operator reserves the right to withhold such a reasonable sum to cover administrative expenses and other losses, dependent on when notice of cancellation is given by the customer.
(a) Flexible Date Changes – unlimited supply of free date changes available up until 30-days prior to departure; or
(b) 14 to 30-days prior to departure:
- we will hold 100% of monies paid by you as a credit voucher, valid for redemption within 3-years from date of purchase
- any credit voucher resulting from a cancellation may be applied towards any other tour operated by GLT within Australia; or
(c) 31-days or more prior to departure,
- we will refund the balance paid by you in connection to your booking less any unrecoverable costs; or
(d) failure to board on tour or cancelled within 14-days will result in full fare forfeiture of the ticket price and not eligible for a refund; or
- Any credit travel voucher resulting from a cancellation under (Cancellation by the Traveller) has an expiry date of 3 years and may be applied towards any other available trip offered by us. This credit is transferable however not redeemable for cash.
- Note different cancellation conditions may apply if/when booked through third party agents, your travel consultant will advise if differences apply. We strongly advise you to take out cancellation insurance at the time of booking. If you leave a trip for any reason after it has commenced, we are not obliged to make any refunds for unused services. If you fail to join a trip, join it after departure, or leave it prior to its completion, no refund will be made or compensation for departure costs incurred. The above cancellation terms are less any unrecoverable costs by accommodation providers, travel agents, third-party affiliates and supplier fees.
- Travel insurance is strongly recommended
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.
- Athenaeum Theatre - 188 Collins St Melbourne
- Crown Promenade - 8 Whiteman St Queensbridge St Southbank
- Holiday Inn - 575 Flinders Lane Melbourne
- Ibis on Therry - 15-21 Therry St Melbourne
- Immigration Museum - 400 Flinders St Cnr Market St Melbourne
- Mercure Welcome - 265 Little Bourke St Melbourne
- Newport Bus Interchange - Mason St Newport
- Pegasus Apart Hotel - 206 ABeckett St Melbourne
- Space Hotel - 380 Russell St Melbourne
- The Savoy Hotel - 630 Little Collins St Melbourne
- Windsor Hotel - 111 Spring St Melbourne
- YHA Melbourne Metro - 78 Howard St North Melbourne
Book your experience stress-free and know we're here to help.
Get Instant Confirmation