- Get up to $30 cash back per person when you book with us
- All instruction to make your adventure both safe and memorable
- Full scuba equipment rental
- Complimentary pool session
- Two dives at the Solitary Islands Marine Park
- In season, you may have the chance to see dolphins and whales during the boat trip
Solitary Islands - Discover Scuba Diving ExperienceThe perfect first time scuba dive experience, this is a 1 day course you will not forget!
What to Expect
Have you always wanted to experience scuba diving? Short on time? Well here’s your chance!
Discover scuba diving is a first time scuba dive experience located off the coast of Coffs Harbor at the Solitary Islands Marine Park.
Guaranteed to be a day you will not forget, this thrilling adventure begins with a short online course at home prior to arrival, before a pool training session with one of the amazing instructors.
Then, it's time to experience the rush of two ocean dives at the magnificent Solitary Islands Marine Park.
Diving under the guidance of your PADI Scuba Instructor, this is truly an experience that will not be forgotten, with the option to extend the experience to a day of training and then a half day of diving which includes a PADI Scuba Diver certification and card.
So go on, water you waiting for? Take the dive and book now!
Frequently Asked Questions
Rain does not constitute for bad weather, in fact it can be better weather. The fish usually come closer!
When you’re lucky, you’ll get to see a shark. The Solitary Islands will often bless us with plenty of Grey Nurse Sharks, and wobbeygongs. Although “incidents” with sharks can occur, they are very, very rare. If you see a shark it’s passing through and a beautiful sight to see.
All year is a great time! In colder months, despite the chillier water temperature, we see more Grey Nurse Sharks. A lot of people prefer to dive when the water is warmer, but it is spectacular all year round.
With the necessary training and experience, the limit for recreational scuba diving is 40 metres. Beginning scuba divers stay shallower than about 18 metres unless you are a Junior Scuba Diver then it is 12 metres. Although these are the limits, most of the diving sites are no deeper than 16-18 metres where the water’s warmer and the colors are brighter, and we will tailor to people’s experience and certifications when determining how deep to go.
- Subject to weather and sea conditions
- Subject to minimum numbers for a dive trip
- Medical fitness is a requirement.You need to be comfortable in the water and have some basic swimming skills.
- The minimum age for scuba experiences in the ocean is 12.
- A dive medical is NOT required prior to an Experience Programme, however, a simple medical declaration needs to be completed.
- If you have previous issues with asthma, epilepsy, chronic heart or lung disease, a collapsed lung, chronic sinus problems, high blood pressure or are taking certain medications, you may be required to gain a clearance from a doctor. If you have any questions about this, please call the merchant!
- Full refund if trip is cancelled before the pool training is done
- $195 refund if cancelled during or after pool training session
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely