Jump aboard a safari vessel for an unforgettable eye-to-eye experience with these gentle giants of the sea
Safari-Style Whale Watching Highlights
- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- 2.5-hour scenic cruise along the stunning Gold Coast & Tweed Heads region to witness humpback whales & other marine life in their natural environment
- Guaranteed whale sightings or return for free
- Light snacks & refreshments including tea & coffee pre-departure
- Qualified & experienced crew sharing informative commentary
- Departs from the meeting point at 151 Chinderah Bay Drive, Chinderah NSW
What to Expect
Frequently Asked Questions
It is colder out on the water so come prepared with layers. We recommend:
- Beanie, warm jumper/ jacket
- Spray jacket/ Raincoat
- Sunglasses & hat
- Camera, GoPro etc
- Drinking water
From June to November on the east coast of Australia.
Behaviours change throughout the season.
If you want to try to see mothers and calves, come in late October or November.
The best time to swim with whales is between the months of August to October.
Yes, we guarantee you will see whales, or we will take you out again for free.
We have a lot of rules and regulations to follow in regard to watching and swimming with whales. Must stay at least 100m from a whale and 30m approach for swimming. Luckily though, the whales never get a copy of these regulations, so if they want to come to us, which they often do. That’s fine!
We encourage you to bring a few light snacks, we provide tea, coffee and snacks pre-departure but there is nothing for sale onboard. We also do not sell any bottled water. Please bring your own, or you can refill your water bottle with us when you get here.
Reviews for Safari-Style Whale Watching
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.