- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- Guided interpretive rainforest walk through secluded ancient rainforest accessible via a short trip across the Barron River on riverboat MV Kuranda
- Enjoy tea, coffee & cake within the beautiful rainforest scenery
- Experienced local guide providing fascinating commentary about the history of the ancient rainforest
- Departs from the meeting point at Kuranda Railway Station, Coondoo St, Kuranda
Paradise Kuranda Guided Rainforest WalkJoin a guided interpretive rainforest walk, accessible only via the Kuranda Riverboat, through the world's most ancient tropical rainforest.
What to Expect
Embark on a guided interpretive rainforest walk in one of the most unique regions in Tropical North Queensland. Join an expert local guide as you gain an insight into the history and local wildlife that inhabit a secluded section of tropical rainforest near Kuranda, accessible only via riverboat along the Barron River.
Departing from the quaint mountain village of Kuranda, board the riverboat to cross the Barron River to a beautiful rainforest clearing. The walk takes you on an established forest trail and your guide will show you many examples of tropical rainforest trees, vines, lianas and ferns. Learn about the wildlife that lives in the area and the history of the first rainforest tour in Far North Queensland that used this same trail in the 1920s. In those days people would be rowed across the river in all their finery in order to marvel at the beauty of the rainforest! Sometimes you may also be lucky enough to see a cassowary and other local wildlife that call the rainforest home.
At the end of the guided tour, and within the maintained clearing, there is a natural spring and a delightful area where you will be served tea, coffee and cake to enjoy. Return to the Kuranda Riverboat to be taken back to the jetty, where you can either return to the village or book yourself onto a Kuranda Riverboat Cruise, which will take you down the serene Barron River. During this calm water cruise, you will see fish, turtles, birds and hopefully some freshwater crocodiles that inhabit the region.
Tour departs from our jetty located below the Kuranda Railway Station, but you won't be able to drive down to the river to access the jetty. Park your car at the station, walk across the railway footbridge and go down the stairs to the river where you will see the red flags flying at the jetty.
Where We Visit
- Barron River & Barron Gorge National Park, Kuranda
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Tour operates May to October
- No refund is given once a booking has been made
- A change of date & time of a tour can be made free of charge
- A full refund is given if the cruise is cancelled by The Operator due to seasonal river conditions or any other unforeseen circumstance
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely