- Transfer to and from Fitzroy Island
- Choice of four add-on activities
Fitzroy Island Day TripDiscover beautiful Fitzroy Island and explore lush rainforest, calm beaches and a stunning fringing reef!
- $5 levy payable on board
Why do we love this
We love that you get to choose exactly how you'll spend your day on Fitzroy Island! You can pick the activities you want to do and completely curate your day!
What to Expect
Fitzroy Island is one of the most unspoilt islands on the Great Barrier Reef, with rich rainforests, clear, sandy beaches and marine life galore! Come and discover this magical national park area on a day trip that lets you choose exactly how to spend your day. You have the option of snorkelling, paddleboarding and more, or you can just spend the day exploring at your leisure!
Your boat, the MV Sunkist departs daily for Fitzroy Island from 'E' Gate, Marlin Marina. The boat is located at the end of E Jetty, please be there for check-in at 7.00 am for a 7.30 am departure.
Fitzroy Island is located just 50 minutes south-east of Cairns. As you approach this beautiful national park, you'll see hints of the lush rainforest, and secluded beaches that await!
Once you arrive, you'll have the chance to spend the day exploring or choose from four incredible activities. Add one activity for an extra $15 or two for $24.
1) Snorkel over the bright fringing reef that surrounds the island! Mask, snorkel and fins included.
2) Check out the reef on a glass-bottomed boat cruise. Departing twice daily. The 10 am tour is a wet tour (you can go snorkelling or diving from the boat) or the 3 pm tour is a dry tour only.
3) Take to the waves on a 2-hour kayak trip.
4) Enjoy a 2-hour paddle board experience.
After your day of sun and adventure, you'll need to be at the end of the Fitzroy Island jetty by 3:00 pm. Returning pickup from Fitzroy Island is at approximately 3.15pm. You'll arrive in at Cairns between 4.00 pm and 5.00 pm.
Frequently Asked Questions
Twice per day. The 10 am tour is a wet tour (you can go snorkeling or diving from the boat) or the 3 pm tour is a dry tour only.
- Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a Parent or Guardian.
- Babies or toddlers can not join trips due to safety reasons.
- Cancelled more than 48 hours before course/trip commencement date: Full Refund.
- Cancelled within 48 hours of course/trip commencement: No Refund.
- Gate E, Marlin Marina @ 07:30
- PLEASE SELECT LOCATION @ 07:30
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely