- Learn how to scuba dive in one of the most beautiful spots in Australia!
- Full equipment hire
- 1.5 hours confined water training and basic theory session
- 1 open water training dive at Julian Rocks
- Certificate of recognition
Introductory Dive Course At Julian Rocks
Learn how to scuba dive in Byron Bay!
WHAT TO EXPECT
Always wanted to try scuba diving but don’t have the time to complete your certification? Now's the time! Experience the beauty of the underwater world for the first time at one of Australia’s top 10 diving sites – Julian Rocks! This course requires no previous experience and allows you to have a feel for what it’s like to breathe underwater. Taking only 5 hours to complete this course can easily fit into any holiday.
All courses are conducted by experienced dive professionals who will teach you the basic concepts of diving and train you in the basic, necessary skills for you to be comfortable on your first ocean dive. All confined water training is conducted at the dive shop, an instructor training facility, located in the heart of Byron Bay. Here, the tour has a fully equipped classroom and a training pool heated to 25 degrees Celsius.
Once comfortable in the heated onsite pool, you will depart to Julian Rocks where you will dive under the direct supervision of your instructor, up to 12m depth. All open water-training dives are boat dives conducted at Julian Rocks Marine Reserve. Here you will swim with tropical species such as turtles and manta rays, as well as many interesting southern ocean animals including friendly blue gropers and wobbegongs. All this only a five-minute boat ride fromByron Bay!
During your dive, you are likely to encounter one of our 3 resident species of turtles, several fish species, and maybe even some friendly rays. This course is a great trial before completing your Open Water Course. Intro Diver Courses start at 6:30 am, 9.30 am, and 12.30 pm every day. All participants must be able to swim and be comfortable in the water. A recreational diving medical may be required depending upon your medical history (if you are 45 years of age or over a dive medical will be required). If required, the medical must be completed prior to the course.
Introductory Dive Course At Julian Rocks
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Diver w/ All Gear Provided:
What should I bring?
- Dive medical if required (see disclaimer)
Where do I meet for the tour?
9 Marvell Street, Byron Bay.
Do I need to be able to swim in order to participate?
Yes, this tour requires all participants to be able to swim and to be comfortable in the ocean. If you cannot swim and are not comfortable in the ocean you will not be able to join the tour.
What happens if I get sick?
If you are prone to seasickness, purchase seasickness tablets from the pharmacy prior to your tour. The boat ride to the dive/snorkel site (Julian Rocks) is approximately 5-10 minutes.
What happens if weather and sea conditions are not suitable?
In the event of a cancellation due to unsuitable conditions, the tour will give you as much notice as possible. Please note that short notice cancellations can occur in the event of sea and weather conditions abruptly changing and becoming unsuitable at the time of your tour.
What's the water temperature at Julian Rocks?
The average water temperature at Julian Rocks in the summer months is between 22°C to 27°C and in the winter months, it is between 18°C to 23°C.
How many people can the vessel accomodate?
Each vessel can accommodate a maximum of 13 passengers, this will be a mixture of crew and customers depending on the type of activities running.
- Please bring your swimwear, towel, voucher (if required), and medical (if required).
- Please note that the tour operates on NSW daylight savings time (between October to April each year NSW is 1 hour ahead of Queensland).
- Please arrive on time at the scheduled check-in time noted above (under the booking reference number), if you arrive after the scheduled meeting time then you may miss your tour, unfortunately, no refunds or reschedules can be given. Please allow additional travelling time for traffic when travelling to us as Byron Bay can be very busy.
- A dive medical is not compulsory in New South Wales however there are some medical conditions that may prevent you participating in a scuba dive these include the following:
- Lung damage or disorders including a history of asthma or recent congestion
- Heart disorders
- High or low blood pressure
- Diabetes and epilepsy
- Ear disorders and damage
- If any of these apply please let us know as you may require a dive medical.
- You will require a dive medical if you are aged 45 years and over.
- If you require a medical this must be completed prior to the course starting as the tour cannot guarantee that it can book a medical in time when the course starts. You will be unable to start the course if you require a medical and have not obtained one, all refunds and reschedules are in line with cancellation policy.
- Before your introductory dive tour, you are required to download the MySSI App from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
- You will also need to create a diver profile. Please follow the steps below:
- Go to www.divessi.com
- Click on the "MYSSI" tab, then click "LOGIN / REGISTER"
- You will need to fill in all your personal details in order to create your profile
- Under select your dive centre please choose "Byron Bay Dive Centre"
- Please then upload a picture to your profile
- Failure to create a diver profile before your introductory dive will result in a $10.00 admin fee being charged.
- It is also important that all participants have a good swimming ability and are comfortable in the water.
- If you would like to hire an underwater camera for your tour please arrive 10 minutes prior to your arrival time to organise this (please note camera hires are subject to availability and at your instructor's discretion. All camera hires require a credit card).
- Please note that the tour requires a minimum of 2 people to be booked at each time for the Introductory Dive to run. We can run an Introductory Dive for 1 person at an extra charge of $65.00.
- Please note that all tours are subject to suitable sea and weather conditions, in the event of a cancellation due to unsuitable conditions the tour will give you as much notice as possible.
- All parking in Byron Bay town centre is now paid ($4.00 per hour), there is a four hour car park directly behind the dive centre and all day parking on Marvell Street.
The tour has a 48 hour cancellation policy. This means that if you need to cancel or reschedule your booking for any reason, the tour needs to know 48 hours before the activity is due to commence. If a cancellation or reschedule is made after that time, the tour charges a 100% cancellation fee. If this is a problem, please contact us immediately. The tour will assume consent to the refund policy if they do not hear otherwise before the 48-hour window has begun. No-shows and cancellations within 48 hours will be charged the full price.
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews