- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- 3 hour guided tour
- Snacks & drinks on the beach after tour
- Free photos for download
- Secure storage
- All safety gear
- Wetsuits for winter months
- All kayaking equipment
- Dolphin, turtle or whale sightings - or your money back!
Byron Bay Dolphin Sea Kayak TourEnjoy a kayaking trip complete with sightings of dolphins, whales, turtles and other marine life!
Why do we love this
We love how close you get to dolphins, turtles and even whales on this tour!
What to Expect
Imagine kayaking up close with dolphins, whales and turtles, and surfing your kayak on one of Byron Bay's famous waves! This 3-hour kayak tour in the Cape Bay Marine Park is the perfect taste of Byron Bay wildlife and surf.
First, meet all your fellow paddlers, pair up and learn the basics of paddling a sit-on-top kayak. Once you've mastered the ropes, it's time to hit the waves.
As you paddle, soak in Byron's landscape and enjoy stunning views of the Cape Byron lighthouse. Keep your eyes peeled for sea life, there are wild bottlenose dolphins, humpback whales and three species of sea turtle living in the Park! Imagine seeing wild Dolphins in their natural habitat! On the tour, any interactions with these creatures are non-intrusive, so you don’t disturb these beautiful sea creatures. This means they feel safe enough to come extremely close to your kayaks!
Paddle along surfing mecca "The Pass", Wategos millionaire row, and Australia's most Easterly point Cape Byron.
While you explore, your guides will share stories of local history, aboriginal culture and marine biology. It's the perfect combination of education and adventure.
Enjoy snacks and drinks on the beach after your tour and chat with your new friends. Then, paddle back to the main beach enjoying the stunning view of the Byron Bay coastline as you go!
There is paid parking on the roadside at the location – 56 Lawson Street Byron Bay.
Frequently Asked Questions
You will be paddling in the famous Cape Byron Marine Park where dolphins, turtles and whales roam free. On most tours we spot dolphins and from June to November, we often spot whales.
Many other species of marine life are also spotted in the marine park including tropical fish and manta rays.
And, as per our Go Sea guarantee, if you don’t see a dolphin, whale or turtle, you can join us for another tour for FREE!
That’s fine, we often have non-swimmers on our tours! All paddlers are fitted with a life jacket and our tours are all run by local surf lifesavers. If for any reason you were to come out of your kayak (very very unlikely) your jacket would keep you afloat and you would be in the safest possible hands.
*Please notify your guide before the tour if you are a non-swimmer.
A little rain never hurt anybody, in fact the rainy days often present smooth and calm ocean conditions, perfect for paddling and spotting marine life! Our guides are trained surf lifesavers and know when it is safe to run a tour.
Sometimes tours need to be cancelled due to strong winds or large swells, however the rain is often welcomed in such a warm climate. We will provide you with wetsuits in cooler months to ensure you’re warm at all times.
All you need is a sense of adventure. Paddling a kayak is very easy, no experience is necessary.
Yes! We will buddy you up with another single or one of our paddle guides.
We don’t recommend kayaking after 15 weeks of pregnancy.
Please bring: bathers, towel, sunscreen, small reusable water bottle, hat and clothes to change in to afterwards.
We provide snacks and drinks and can even pick you up from your accommodation at no additional charge. You may also like to bring a hat, sunnies, sunscreen and a small water bottle (in a reusable bottle with a cap).
We have a lock up area for all bags/belongings.
- We have a lock-up area for all belongings.
- If using own transport to get to tour please aim at arriving 20 minutes before the scheduled tour start.
- Children under 5yrs old may be too young to cope with such tours.
- Women more than 15 weeks pregnant should consider the safety risks prior to booking such tours, we advise against kayaking after this stage of pregnancy.
- There is free unrestricted parking on the roadside at our location - 56 Lawson Street Byron Bay. Please be aware of parking restrictions in other parts of Byron Bay.
- Snorkelling is dependant on conditions, Your Guides will assess the conditions at our snorkelling location prior to this part of your tour.
- You will be kayaking on the ocean, heavy clothing is not suggested to be worn. We supply wetsuits complimentary if needed, all safety equipment is provided.
- A full safety briefing and kayaking "basics" lesson is provided on the beach prior to your tour by our guides.
- The Cape Byron Marine Park is a culturally significant area to our local indigenous people, The "Arakwal" people, we ask that you respect this area by not contributing to littering, damaging/disturbing local flora and fauna.
- Cancellations up to 1.00 pm the day prior to the tour - 90% refund
- Cancellations after 1.00 pm on day prior - 100% cancellation fee
- No refunds are given for "No Shows" but rescheduling can be arranged
- Rescheduling your tour after the originally proposed booking has run will incur a $35 per person fee
- Full refund given for cancellations due to weather. We will contact you if the weather forces us to cancel/postpone your tour
- NO PICK UP - Please meet at Go Sea Head Office
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely