- Various marine life and bird life
- Julian Rocks marine life tour
- Trained eco-guides
- Hydrophone to listen to whale song
- Transfers from Whale Watching Byron Bay meeting point to the vessel
- Boat Jackets
- Experienced photographer with optional photo packages
- Whale watching guarantee
Byron Bay Whale Watching TourKeep your eyes peeled for whales, dolphins and other types of marine life! Guaranteed whale sighting or come back for FREE.
What to Expect
- Small and personalised whale watching tours with Byron Bay's most experienced tour group!
- The migration route of the Australian east coast Humpback whale brings them in such close proximity to Byron Bay's Cape Byron it is likely you will encounter several whales during your tour. We have the quickest access to waters used by migrating Humpback whales. Therefore there are no long boat rides to and from whale watching sites and your whale watching adventure begins immediately.
- Our whale watching guides will tell you interesting facts about the migrating whales as well as Cape Byron Marine Park's many other sea creatures including dolphins, sea turtles and many different species of sea bird. Each of Whale Watching Byron Bay's vessels is equipped with a hydrophone so you can listen to the Humpback whales amazing whale song.
- All of our RIB vessels are permitted by New South Wales Marine Parks Authority to engage in whale watching activities within the Cape Byron Marine Park (Permit No.CBMP2008/CA005) and are fully licensed by the New South Wales Maritime Authority (Survey No.21923).
- Note that our tour vessels now have roofs!
2hrs 30 mins (Approximately) on the water, 3hrs 30 mins from start to finish
Whale Watching Byron Bay conduct tours every day during the whale watching season (June-November).
Trips are scheduled at 8:00am, 10:30am and 1:00pm (dependant on sea conditions)
Passengers meet at Whale Watching Byron Bay's base located at 9 Marvell St Byron Bay (pre booking essential).
What to bring
- Raincoat / warm waterproof jacket
- Shorts/loose pants you can roll up above the knees (you will get your feet wet)
- Warm clothing (e.g. jacket, fleece, warm headwear)
Please note that the bookings are processed manually and please chat to us before making the booking or you can book with us and your booking is confirmed only once confirmed by the tour operator.
In the event that a booking is cancelled, the following fees will apply:
- Cancellations or changes more than 48 hours before departure: no fee
- Cancellations or changes within 48 hours of departure: 100% of the cost
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely