- Transport to/from Byron Bay/Brunswick Heads
- Top quality kayaks and equipment
- Kayaking lesson if needed
- Secure storage for belongings
- Drinks & snacks
- A safety briefing
- Experienced guide(s)
- Free photo download
Brunswick River Nature Kayak Tour
Explore the crystal clear water and amazing wildlife of the beautiful Brunswick River on this awesome kayaking trip from Byron Bay.
Buy as a Gift
Why do we love this
We love that you get to jump out of the boats and go snorkelling on this trip!
WHAT TO EXPECT
Looking for an experience of pure tranquillity? Then this kayaking tour down the beautiful Brunswick River is for you! Enjoy gliding through the crystal clear waters as you check out the nature surrounding you. Keep an eye on the sky - you're bound to catch a glimpse of tropical birds and wildlife.
Get ready for the kayaking trip of a lifetime! Suitable for everyone - from beginner to expert, this tour will show you the stunning scenery and hidden secrets of the Brunswick River. For beginners, there'll be a brief kayaking instruction on the riverbank before you start.
You'll embark on a 2-2.5 hour trip, accompanied by a local guide who will share their knowledge and stories on the local history and folklore as you paddle. They'll also be able to point out the scenery and amazing wildlife as you pass by.
Widely considered to be one of the most beautiful river systems in all of New South Wales, the Brunswick River is also home to a breathtaking array of wildlife. Keep your eyes open for glimpses of birds and other animals.
The tour is designed for you to go at your own pace, so you can take your time exploring this stunning river. Paddling toward the ocean, you'll pass sand dunes and will enjoy the gorgeous coastal scenery that surrounds you. Breathe in the salty air as you go and enjoy the peace and quiet!
After working up an appetite paddling, there's time for a quick snack break on the river bank. You can cool down with a dip in the refreshing water or don a snorkel and dive right down to the bottom of the riverbed! Discover the beautiful marine life and gaining a unique insight into the fascinating underwater world of the Brunswick River.
Later, as the tide turns, it's time to paddle back. Keep an eye on the sky for the last glimpses of tropical birds.
Brunswick River Nature Kayak Tour
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Family of 4:
What should I bring?
Small Water Bottle
A change of clothes
Shoes that are okay to get wet, e.g. thongs, sandals or deck shoes.
How old do I have to be?
Anyone 3yrs old and upwards can kayak on our River Tour.
What equipment is provided?
We supply lifejackets and sunscreen, as well as all kayaking equipment.
What kayaks do you use?
We use 'Sit on Top' plastic kayaks that are generally double or triple kayaks.
Do I need to know how to kayak?
No, at all. This tour is the easiest tour you can do. We will show you how to become a future Olympic Kayak Champion with a brief kayak lesson on the riverbank before we start.
What wildlife will I see?
We generally see rays, lots of birdlife, turtles and more.
I don't require pickup, where do I meet you?
We meet at the Brunswick Heads Scout Hall Garage, 38 South Beach Rd, Brunswick Heads. Arrive about 10 minutes before the start of your tour!
If I can't swim can I still do this tour?
Yes you can, we will take very good care of you. All of our guides are trained Surf Life Savers.
- If using own transport to get to tour please aim at arriving 20 minutes before the scheduled tour start
- Snorkelling is dependant on conditions, your Guides will assess the conditions at our snorkelling location prior to this part of your tour.
- You will be kayaking on the ocean, heavy clothing is not suggested to be worn.
- We supply wetsuits complimentary if needed, all safety equipment is provided.
- A full safety briefing and kayaking "basics" lesson is provided on the beach prior to your tour by our guides.
- Our departure times vary daily in order to catch the high tide when the waters are at their most clear and peaceful.
- This tour is not suitable for children under 3
- Children aged 3-18 must be accompanied by an adult
- 95% refund for cancellations up to 6pm the day prior to the tour. After this time there will be a 100% cancellation fee. No refunds given for "No Shows" but rescheduling can be arranged.
- Rescheduling your tour after the original proposed booking has run will incur a $15 per person fee.
- Full refund will be given for cancellations due to weather. We will contact you if the weather forces us to cancel/postpone your tour.
- Go Sea Kayak Head Office in Byron Bay
- No pickup - meet at Brunswick Heads Scout Hall