- 7 nights of camping
- All camping equipment
- Meals as listed
- Park and station entry fees
- Attractions as listed
- An experienced tour guide
- El Questro
- Helicopter ride at Bungle Bungles
- Boat cruise at Lake Argyle
WHAT TO EXPECT
Enjoy 8 days of camping fun! Join this safari from Broome to Darwin and discover the majestic Kimberly as you follow the Gibb River Road. Amazing landscapes, remote gorges, waterfalls and wonderful native wildlife awaits you along the way. What's more, you will also have the chance to sleep under a ceiling of stars in swags around a bonfire. The ultimate Australian bush camp experience!
- Gibb River Road
- Windjana Gorge, Silent Grove
- Tunnel Creek
- Bell, Galvans
- Manning Gorge
- Mt Elizabeth Homestead
- Emma Gorge
- El Questro Station
- El Questro Wilderness Park and free time to explore El Questro and do optional activities
- Zebedee Springs & El Questro Gorge
- Purnululu National Park: the famous Bungle Bungles with the option to do a helicopter ride!
- Echidna Chasm
- Cathedral Gorge
- Piccaninny Creek
- Lake Argyle with free time to explore or take an optional boat cruise
- Victoria River
- Edith Falls
- ... and more!
Departure times Broome:
Season 2017: May 3rd - September 27th
Every Wednesday at 6:00 am
Point of departure: Beaches of Broome and The Kimberley Klub YHA Backpackers
Arrival in Darwin:
Approx. 6:00 pm on Day 8
What to Expect?
Jump on board of our 4x4 safari vehicle, enjoy the ride and we will take care of the rest. All accommodation is pre-booked, entry fees are taken care of, great meals are planned and daily schedules are organised. An experienced tour guide will join you and share his/her knowledge on this journey. So sit back, relax and enjoy the unique wildlife sights and landscape along the road!
Getting Involved on Tour
Our experienced guides are passionate about making sure you get the ultimate customer experience. However, to make sure everything runs smoothly on this safari, we kindly ask that you actively help out your guide as a team in day-to-day activities. This includes:
- Packing/unpacking of the bus
- Preparation of meals and cleaning up afterwards
- Setting up and packing down camp sites
- Looking after your and other people's safety
Small Groups. Big Fun!
You will be travelling in one of our mini buses or a custom safari vehicle. No matter which vehicle you're travelling in, there will be an average of 12 people in your group. We don’t have a maximum age limit, but most of our passengers are between 20 and 50-years-old active travellers. Travelling in small groups means that you won't feel like you’re ‘on tour’. It feels more like you’re on a road trip with new found friends.
Our experienced guides are energetic and passionate locals from all over Australia. They are highly trained, knowledgeable, accredited, and qualified first aiders. The guides will be there every step of the way to make sure you have a fun, informative, safe and relaxing tour experience.
Level of fitness
This tour includes hikes of up to 8 kilometres per day. The hikes often require some scrambling over uneven terrain. That is why a good level of fitness is recommended. This safari is suitable for active travellers who want to experience the untamed nature of Western Australia. Please be aware that extreme temperatures can be experienced while travelling in the outback (very hot, very cold, and very humid). Remember to bring a small day backpack and a pair of hiking boots.
- Accommodation upgrades depend on availability.
- Accommodation includes shared facilities unless otherwise stated on the itinerary.
- Upgrade package includes 3 nights of camping and 4 nights in a twin/double or single room.
- Upgrades require a minimum of 6 weeks advanced booking.
(B=Breakfast; L=Lunch; D=Dinner)