- Transport to/from Airlie Beach available
- Top quality kayaks and equipment
- Snorkelling gear (mask, snorkel & stinger suits)
- Dry bags
- Cold drinks and a cheese and fruit platter
- A safety briefing
- Experienced guide(s)
- Stable double kayaks
Whitsundays Sea Kayaking Tour - Half Day
Explore the beautiful Whitsundays by kayak & encounter unique wildlife!
Buy as a Gift
- Bring a sunhat, sunscreen, towel, drinking water, swimwear and shoes that are okay to get wet e.g. thongs, sandals or deck shoes.
Why do we love this
We love that there's the chance to see local wildlife on this tour, including sea turtles and soaring eagles!
WHAT TO EXPECT
Experience the highlights of the breathtaking Whitsunday Islands on this amazing sea-kayaking adventure. Glide across the beautiful turquoise ocean, laze on a tropical coral beach and keep your eyes out for sea turtles and soaring eagles! On this half-day tour from Airlie Beach, you'll explore nearby tropical islands and encounter the incredible natural beauty of Australia’s famous Whitsunday Islands. This area is a must-see for any East Coast adventurer - it's the perfect place to relax but at the same time full of adventure!
This tour is suitable for all levels, from beginners to experienced paddlers.
Departing from Airlie Beach bright and early at 8:30 am, your morning begins with a short drive to the jump-off point at Shute Harbour. Your expert guides will lead the way as you paddle through turquoise waters. Kayak over fringing coral reefs and explore the nearby White Rock and enjoy this beautiful water oasis.
These incredible islands are home to some of the world’s most unique marine and bird life, including sea turtles and soaring eagles. Over the winter months, you might even encounter a humpback whale as they migrate to give birth in the warm sea before returning to Antarctica.
After kayaking through the inner harbour islands, you'll cross over to nearby White Rock. Take a break from paddling and dive into the beautiful turquoise water or relax on the warm coral beach. Revitalise yourself with ice cold beverages and a delicious cheese and fruit platter before climbing back into your kayak for a final paddle.
Enjoy one last glimpse of the incredible marine life and picture-perfect panoramas as you head back to the mainland by 12.00 pm.
Whitsundays Sea Kayaking Tour - Half Day
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
I am a beginner, is this okay?
Yes, we have beginners most days
Do I have to be able to swim?
Yes, you need to be able to swim, we also provide life jackets and our kayaks are very stable.
Can children come on the trip
Absolutely! We like to encourage families. If your child is under 15, they must be accompanied by an adult (1 adult per child, so they share the kayak). Minimum age 7 years, a half day trip is usually long enough for children under 15. Please talk to us in advance and we will endeavour to suggest a day when the weather is at its best.
How fit do I need to be?
A medium level of fitness is required. if you are concerned about your level of fitness – then a half day kayaking trips is probably the most suitable trip for you. In need – feel free to give us a call to discuss.
Are we likely to tip out of our kayak?
No, our kayaks are specially selected for stability, comfort and storage space.
Can I safely bring a camera?
If your camera is waterproof, then bring it along. We do have dry bags – but we would suggest that you leave your non-waterproof camera behind. Our guide takes professional photos along the way. You can purchase a disc of photos at the end of your trip – however, there is no” hard sell” and absolutely no obligation to do so!
Is food provided?
Yes, on our Half Day Trips, we supply drinks, fruit, cheese/crackers, and nuts.
What sort of safety gear do you carry?
Our guide carries extra water, first aid kit, flares, V-sheet, vinegar, maps, waterproof VHF radio, & mobile phone. Each kayak has a pump and sponge.
Do you cancel if it rains?
Naturally, your safety is of utmost importance & we want you to enjoy your sea kayaking experience. We don’t cancel if we have light rains, however, if becomes torrential and this causes visibility problems – then we have to cancel or reschedule. Fortunately, the rain here is warm!
Strong winds make life on the water difficult and dangerous so we cancel or reschedule trips if winds exceed 20 knots
- Salty Dog Sea Kayaking reserves the right to delay, postpone, substitute or cancel a trip as a matter of safety for our guests and guides.
- Occasionally, the guide may need to change the route of the trip for safety reasons or to suit the abilities of the group. If a situation arises such as a dramatic worsening of weather during the trip and the guide deems it unsafe to continue, Salty Dog Sea Kayaking will cover the cost of the water taxi for our clients back to our base at Shute Harbour.
- This tour is suitable for: Beginners to experienced paddlers (a medium level of fitness is required)
Children 7 years and above (children must be accompanied by an adult)
In the event that a booking is cancelled, the following fees will apply:
- Cancellation before more than 48 hours before departure: 15% of the total cost
- Cancellation within 48 hours of departure: 50% of the total cost
- Cancellation within 24 hours of departure: 100% of the cost
- In the event of a no-show: no refund will be given
If operator must cancel for any reason, we are happy to reschedule where possible or we give you a full refund.
Read full supplier's terms & conditions