- Certified and fun guide
- Nice refreshments
- Gear and equipment rental
- Free pick-up and drop-off from several Krabi locations
- Small group for an awesome and safe climbing adventure
- Individual accident insurance
Leave your fear of heights at home and come along for an amazing adventure you’ll never forget!
We’ll show you a whole new world full of adrenaline and stunning natural beauty. Rock climbing is a unique way to experience nature and challenge your personal limits. The feeling you get when you’re climbing up a steep rock is absolutely fantastic and can’t be compared to anything else. Once you try it, you’ll be hooked for life!
This 4-hour introductory class is perfect for first-time and intermediate climbers. It’s a safe and fun way to try rock climbing for the first time or get tips and tricks to improve your technique.
Explore Railay Beach
Our awesome tour takes place in Railay Beach which is one of the world’s most famous rock climbing destinations. In the climbing community, it’s even known as a climber’s paradise. In other words, you’re in for an absolute treat!
The beach is located on a small peninsula between Krabi and Ao Nang. The fact that it’s only accessible by boat makes the area a bit of a hidden gem. People come here to enjoy the laid-back vibe and relax all day long on the fantastic beaches. That’s all very nice, but we’re here to get some nice adrenaline pumping!
The steep limestone cliffs on the beach are just waiting to be explored by us, so we’ll get straight down to business.
Try rock climbing in paradise
Over the next hours, your highly experienced guide will teach you everything you need to know to enjoy rock climbing. At Real Rocks Railay, we’re very passionate about our sport, and we only work with the best instructors in the field. That’s why we can guarantee your climbing experience with us will be nothing less than fantastic!
Each tour group will have a maximum of four people per instructor. This means that you’ll have plenty of time to fully understand your instructor’s comments and tips as you go. Rock climbing is about enjoying the moment, and we don’t want to rush through this awesome experience.
During the climbing class, you’ll get a basic introduction to top rope sport climbing, simple belay, and basic top rope movements. You’ll also learn holding, climbing, and rappel techniques. On top of that, you’ll get practical experience with how to use the equipment and, of course, learn how to ensure that basic outdoor climbing safety measures are met.
Your lovely guide will take you on several climbing routes so that you can practice your technique in different settings. The views from each spot are world-class, and you’ll be blown away by the natural beauty in this part of Thailand. It won’t take you long to realize why this is such a perfect destination for rock climbers!
What to bring
Half-day climbing itinerary
Our half-day climbing tour runs twice daily. The morning session is from 9.00 am – 1.00 pm and the afternoon session is from 2.00 pm – 6.00 pm. Pick up times from the mainland (Ao Nang, Krabi Town) start daily from 7.30-8 am and 12.30-1 pm. The itinerary for each tour is:
Morning session itinerary:
Afternoon session itinerary:
We offer a free pick-up and drop-off service from any hotel in Railay Beach, Krabi Town, Ao Nang, Ao Nammao, Nopparatthara, and Klong Hang. If you’re interested in this option, simply book your climbing adventure today and enter your hotel name at checkout. Easy!
30 Spaces Left
Adult (15-65 years old): THB ฿94
Child (5-14 years old): THB ฿94
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Date & Time
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Adult (15-65 years old): THB ฿595
Child (5-14 years old): THB ฿595
This activity is not recommended for pregnent women, people with serious heart conditions nor those recently suffering from back or neck injuries.
Weather rarely affects our abilities to run tours. Even when it rains there are walls and routes on the beach that remain dry and protected all year round. In the event that we cannot run the tour due to extreme weather conditions (very rare) we offer full refunds.
In the high season ( November-April) the earlier you book the better since we tend to get full most days, particularly during the Christmas/New Year week. During the low season (May-Octoer), you can book up to one day before.
In Railay there is something for everyone! For beginners there are plenty of climbs on the beach graded at 5-6a (French sysstem) and for intermediate to advanced climbers a wide variety of climbs throughout several wall located in Railay and Tonsai ranging from 6a to 7c.
The shortest route offered for beginners as a warm up is 10 meters, the longest route up to 30 meters.
The groups are a maximum ratio of 4 climbers to 1 guide for each tour we offer.
The number depends on the ability and pace of the gorup, but the average is 4-5 climbs per person.
There is no minimum number of people required. Solo travelers will mixwith other climbers in the small groups' tours, with thr maximum ratio of 4 climber to 1 guide at any time.
We welcome your family, friends or partners to tag along. In Railay, all the climbing walls are accessible on foot. If you stay on the mainland (i.e. Krabi Town or Ao Nang) there is a transfer fee of just 300 THB per person which will guarantee a spot in the taxi for them as well as round trip boat tickets to and from Railay Beach. We only allow a maximum of two additional passengers per booking.
Sport climbing is one of the safest outdoor activities in the world! Our gear and equipment is replaced every 3-6 months and we use only the top internationally recognized brands. Our guides are all licensed sport climbing instructors under the Southeast Asian Climbing Federation, and we at Real Rocks pride ourselves on our No-Accident Record since we first started teaching in 2001.
Yes. The guides will walk you step by step from the very beginning, how to put on the gear, how to use the equipment, how to tie-in and basic how-to stay safe while climbing. You’re in good hands.
We offer free climbing gear and equipment rental for our customers, but if you wish to bring your own gear for comfort you may do so as well.
The minimum age requirement is 5 years old. There is no maximum age.
There is no weight limit.
1. All session/course bookings are made with Real Rocks Climbing School (Real Rocks Climbing), registered company no. 33/06326 and all operations of Real Rocks Climbing are governed by the laws of Thailand.
2. Neither Real Rocks Climbing nor any of its representatives are responsible for injury sustained in or around the climbing areas nor are they liable for any losses of personal property.
3. Real Rocks Climbing instructors reserve the right to remove participants from any activity if it is deemed their behavior places at risk the safety or enjoyment of the individual or others.
4. Client must disclose any pre-existing medical conditions or disabilities which may prevent them from actively participating in the climbing activity—if any persons suffer from any medical conditions or disabilities which may affect the tours please contact us before making your booking so that we may better advise.
5. Clients making the bookings warrant that he/she is at least 18 years old and has full authority to enter a contract on the basis of these conditions and on behalf of all the persons named on the booking and confirms that all such persons are fully aware of and accept these conditions.
6. Cancellations or delays by Real Rocks Climbing School:
a. Real Rocks has the right to change tour departure times, routes and climbing locations anytime to ensure client safety and satisfaction.
b. We may postpone, cancel or delay any aspect of the tour if it is necessary due to poor weather or conditions are considered to be too hazardous and threaten the safety of the participants and guides.
c. In the event of Real Rocks Climbing cancelling an activity we will endeavor to rearrange the activity at a mutually suitable time. If rearrangement is not possible, any monies paid will be refunded.
7. By booking an activity with Real Rocks you are acknowledging the Risk Assumption and Safety Declaration. You acknowledge that:
a. The nature of rock climbing tours can be more challenging and demanding with the exposure to a different and greater degree of risk compared to conventional holiday and involves possible exposure to injury.
b. Real Rocks prides itself on its no-accident record, however international climbing federations all encourage participants to recognize that climbing and mountaineering are activities with a danger of personal injury or death.
c. We reserve the right to withdraw any person who in our opinion is likely to endanger themselves or others. We also reserve the right to cancel any activity if we become concerned for any reason you’re your safety or that of any person.
d. You must follow our instructions and use any safety equipment provided at all times and accept the inherent and increased dangers and risks associated with your proposed tour and the accompanying risk of injury, death or property damage or loss.
e. Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions and involvement.
7. You will be taking part in an instructor led activity, and no group member may climb without the instructor’s supervision. It is the instructor’s responsibility to ensure that you have a safe, fun climbing experience, and it is vital that you cooperate with the instructors and staff.
a. The information supplied by you on the booking form will only be used by Backpacker Deals and Real Rocks Climbing School.
b. However in the unlikely event of an accident any special medical or personal information may be supplied to medical or emergency services personnel.
- If participant numbers are reduced, the non-attending participant fee is refundable up until 72 hours before the day of the first activity, unless a special discount has been given to the client for a specified number of participants. In this case the fees are nonrefundable.
- Within 72 hours of the activity starting, the non-attending participant fee is nonrefundable.
- All cancellation requests should be sent to Backpacker Deals : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any cancellations made less than 72 hours before their scheduled course cannot be refunded.
- If customers do not email to cancel their appointment nor show up on the day of their scheduled course they will be charged the full price without refund.