- Experience local life in Chiang Mai
- Try the city's tasty food
- Take a ride in a traditional songthaew
- Visit the Three Kings Monument and Wat Chedi Luang, the major temple of Chiang Mai and home to the Monk’s University
- Explore Wat Sri Suphan, the world’s first silver temple and home to silversmiths
- Wander the vibrant morning markets and visit Warorot and Ton Lamyai markets
- Enjoy a local snack and lunch
- Entrance and transportation fees included
- Additional food and drink or souvenirs
- Tips/gratuities for drivers and guide
WHAT TO EXPECT
Say good morning to Chiang Mai! Wake up to local life with a bright-and-early food tour that will give you a taste of this northern Thai town.
Your tour starts at 8 am with an early visit to Chiang Mai's famous Three Kings Monument. From there, walk to Wat Chedi Luang Temple and visit the giant pagoda and Chiang Mai city pillar. Enjoy a local coffee along the way before continuing on to Wua Lai Road to visit the traditional silversmiths at Wat Sri Suphan. Learn about their traditional craft and beautiful designs.
Next, it's time for a ride to Warorot Market on a songthaew, a famous red truck of Chiang Mai. Once at the market, you will have a chance to explore a variety of local goodies at better quality and lower prices than some of the city's more touristy markets. The market has an extensive selection of clothing, food, flowers and more.
Try some local snacks and fresh fruit before enjoying a local lunch of khao soi (a soup-like curry with crispy egg noodles), lim lao ngow noodles, saad noodles, and khao man gai (chicken with rice) or something similar at a nearby restaurant.
This is a 4-5 hour tour starting at 8 am and finishing at approximately 12 pm. If you are staying in a centrally located hotel (within a 5km radius from Tapae Gate) you can be collected by your guide. The tour finishes at Three Kings Monument. From there, your guide can help you to secure local transportation back to your hotel.