- Experience local life in Chiang Mai
- Try the city's tasty food
- Take a ride in a traditional songthaew
- Visit the Three Kings Monument and Wat Chedi Luang, the major temple of Chiang Mai and home to the Monk’s University
- Explore Wat Sri Suphan, the world’s first silver temple and home to silversmiths
- Wander the vibrant morning markets and visit Warorot and Ton Lamyai markets
- Enjoy a local snack and lunch
- Entrance and transportation fees included
- Additional food and drink or souvenirs
- Tips/gratuities for drivers and guide
What to Expect
Say good morning to Chiang Mai! Wake up to local life with a bright-and-early food tour that will give you a taste of this northern Thai town.
Your tour starts at 8 am with an early visit to Chiang Mai's famous Three Kings Monument. From there, walk to Wat Chedi Luang Temple and visit the giant pagoda and Chiang Mai city pillar. Enjoy a local coffee along the way before continuing on to Wua Lai Road to visit the traditional silversmiths at Wat Sri Suphan. Learn about their traditional craft and beautiful designs.
Next, it's time for a ride to Warorot Market on a songthaew, a famous red truck of Chiang Mai. Once at the market, you will have a chance to explore a variety of local goodies at better quality and lower prices than some of the city's more touristy markets. The market has an extensive selection of clothing, food, flowers and more.
Try some local snacks and fresh fruit before enjoying a local lunch of khao soi (a soup-like curry with crispy egg noodles), lim lao ngow noodles, saad noodles, and khao man gai (chicken with rice) or something similar at a nearby restaurant.
This is a 4-5 hour tour starting at 8 am and finishing at approximately 12 pm. If you are staying in a centrally located hotel (within a 5km radius from Tapae Gate) you can be collected by your guide. The tour finishes at Three Kings Monument. From there, your guide can help you to secure local transportation back to your hotel.
Frequently Asked Questions
We're all about getting into the places big tours can't do, so our tours have a maximum group size of 12 people. This way, we don't overwhelm the destination and you're able to have a real experience and immerse yourself in the local environment. On extremely rare occasions there may be slightly more travellers, but in these cases, we will try to contact you beforehand to let you know.
Yes, we have lots of tours that allow children! The minimum age and child policy will be included in the tour description, and children under six are typically free of charge. However, if you require a stroller, please check that the tour is also listed as accessible.
We can cater for dietary requirements on most tours, provided you advise us in advance. When you book your trip, please make a note that you need a modified menu. Our leaders will do everything in their power to ensure your needs are met. Please note, though, that in some destinations there may be limited or no options for dietary needs.
We recommend you allow plenty of time to arrive early for your tour, especially when you are in a new destination where transport can take longer than expected. Because we want to ensure our other guests can still enjoy their tour, our guides will only wait a maximum of 15 minutes for you to arrive. Unfortunately, if you are later than, this the tour will start without you and you will not be entitled to a refund, as per our terms and conditions.
We don't want you to miss out on your tour just because of a little rain so most tours will go ahead in all weather conditions. However, if tours are cancelled under extreme circumstances, your leader will contact you to move your tour to another day. For that reason, please make sure your booking includes a phone number or email address where we can contact you while you're travelling.
Yes, tipping is commonplace in most parts of the world, particularly in the service industry (that includes tour guides!). Although our trips are inclusive of all costs and we ensure our guides and local staff are paid fairly, tips are always welcome.
- While the supplier endeavours to operate all tours as described, they reserve the right to change the tour itinerary. If the supplier makes a major change before departure, they will inform you as soon as reasonably possible.
- Travellers must adhere to the start time set out in the product information on their voucher. In the event a traveller is not at the designated starting point within 15 minutes of the start time provided, the supplier will consider the traveller to be a "no show" and the tour will start without them and no refund will be provided.
- All travellers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian, or in lieu of a legal guardian, by an escort over the age of 18, appointed by their legal guardian. The legal guardian or their designee will be responsible for the traveller under the age of 18.
- Unless travelling domestically, travellers must carry a valid passport and have obtained the appropriate visas when travelling with the supplier and their local partners.
- You consent to the supplier using images of you taken during the tour for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium the supplier chooses. You grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable licence to use such images for publicity and promotional purposes.
- Cancellations made more than 2 days prior to travel receive a full refund
- Cancellations made 2 days or less prior to travel attract a cancellation fee
Reviews for A Taste of Chiang Mai
Book your experience stress-free and know we're here to help.
Get Instant Confirmation