- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- Full instruction
- Top quality kayaking equipment
- Gourmet refreshments
- Pick up from/to Taupo CBD (on request only, please advise when booking)
- 3 hours on the water
WHERE WE VISIT
- Acacia Bay
- Mine Bay
Maori Rock Carving Kayak Tour - Half DayExplore the sheltered waters of Acacia Bay & the secluded Rock Carvings at Mine Bay on a half day kayak adventure!
Why do we love this
We love how close you get to the Maori Rock Carvings on this tour! Discovering them while on kayaks makes it even more special.
What to Expect
Explore the Mine Bay Maori Rock Carvings on Lake Taupo on this epic kayak day trip. The carvings have been hailed as one of New Zealand's most extraordinary artworks, and exploring them from the water is an unmissable experience!
Beginning in the sheltered Acacia Bay, you'll head out to on the water to explore the secluded Rock Carvings at Mine Bay. You've got an incredible 3 hours on the water today to explore!
Paddle below native bush, past steep cliffs and mini inlets, as you explore areas only accessible by kayak! You won't believe your eyes once the amazing 14 metre-high carvings come into view. As you paddle past, your experienced guide will explain the carving's cultural significance to the lake and surrounding areas.
After checking out the dramatic carvings, start the return journey. Along the way, you'll stop for gourmet refreshments and you can take this opportunity to swim in the clear waters of the beautiful lake.
Later, if a breeze comes up, raft your kayaks together and sail back – bliss!
No experience is necessary, as all trips are guided and full instruction is given. Double kayaks are safe and easy for everyone to use. Children under the age of 12, must be accompanied by an adult in our kayaks.
Please arrive 15 minutes earlier than tour commencement time. Tours start at Unit 2, 876 Acacia Bay Road, Acacia Bay, Taupo.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Water Bottle
- Comfortable clothing to paddle in – NO jeans
- Sandals / aqua shoes, or footwear that can get wet
- Sun glasses
- Sun Hat
- Sun block / insect repellent
- Swimwear and Towel
- Plastic (shopping) bag for wet gear after swim
- Fleece / Warm Hat
- Thermal or fleece tops
- Paddle jacket
- Life jacket (buoyancy vest)
- Spray skirt/deck
- Pogies (paddling gloves)
- Dry bags for clothing/camera
- Double Kayaks/paddles
- Group safety and emergency gear
- First Aid kit
- No jeans
- Please arrive wearing the appropriate clothing and already have sunblock applied, so we can keep to tour time.
- Arrive 15 minutes earlier than tour commencement time
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult
If a customer chooses to cancel:
- Up to 48 hours before departure time – rebooking at no extra cost, or refund less 10% booking fee
- Within 24 – 48 hours before departure time – rebooking at no extra cost, or refund less 50%
- Within 24 hours of departure or after departure time – rebook with a 10% booking fee or no refund.
Cancellation by the Guide:
Taupo kayaking Adventures reserves the right to cancel or amend any tour due to road, track, water or weather conditions.
If we cancel a tour due to such circumstances, you will have the following options:
- Cancel the day’s outing for a full refund;
- Choose an alternate tour or walk option from the Operator’s available services. Customers will be refunded the cost of the tour less the price of the alternative trip chosen.
You will receive no refund:
- If you miss the tour departure (e.g sleeping late, unexpected illness or injury, vehicle breakdowns, etc)
- If we have to cancel the booking due to clients ill health, poor fitness, intoxication
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely