Get ready for 3 hours of adrenaline fuelled fun on your awesome Kaituna River white water rafting experience! This rafting experience has been created to give you the most amazing time out on the Kaituna River with Kaitiaki Adventures, New Zealand's ONLY local rafting crew.
White water raft down one of the most beautiful and heart-racing Grade 5 rivers in the world, as well as the world's highest commercially rafted 7m waterfall (the Tutea Falls). This white water rafting experience is jam-packed with 14 incredible rapids and 3 waterfalls that promise to be a lot of fun for you and your rafting crew.
All of our Kaitiaki Adventures show respect to local Maori people, and while taking part in the activity, you will stop at sacred Maori sights to gain an insight into Maori culture through Karakia (Maori Prayer) and Waiata (Maori Song).
Our guides provide a culturally immersed river experience coupled with local area knowledge and a whole lot of adrenaline; the whole New Zealand rafting package!
There are three departure times each day.
A round trip takes approximately 3.5 hours, so available time slots are as follows:
1. Departure 8:30am - returns 12:00 pm
2. Departure 12:30 pm - returns 4:00 pm
3. Departure 2:30 pm - returns 6:00 pm
Kaitiaki Adventures provides numerous pick-up possibilities:
1. We can pick you up from your accommodation as long as it is located in Rotorua's CBD.
2. We can pick you up from the Rotorua information centre (CBD).
3. You can drive yourself to the location, just follow signs past the Rotorua airport towards Tauranga we are located at the 3D Maze Rotorua on the left-hand side
1135 TeNgae Road, Tikitere, Rotorua 3074
When booking, please let us know your preferred choice and provide us with your accommodation address if you require a direct pick-up.
Swimsuit and towel.
All other clothing and equipment will be provided by Kaitiaki Adventures (wetsuit, booties, fleece jumper, splash jacket, personal flotation device (PFD), helmet and gloves for sledging.)