Journey back to a time of proud warriors and ancient traditions with Tamaki Maori Village, the most award-winning cultural attraction in New Zealand. Tamaki has become an iconic brand in tourism – a leading force that pioneers and inspires through authentic and meaningful cultural experiences that the world continues to applaud and celebrate. We believe in making a positive social impact in our communities and offer high quality learning experiences through our collection of acclaimed and authentic cultural products. Interactive and hands-on lessons are offered by our expert Tamaki team. This is something that can’t be duplicated in the classroom.
After a whakatau welcome you’re pretty much whanau. So roll your sleeves up, roll your dough out and get your fried bread cooking. While the barby is going have a korero with your host before tucking in to a Maori infused fried bread burger you’ve helped whip up. With a happy puku you’ll explore old pastimes & hear more about our stories with our friendly host. This experience is interactive, educational and with small groups it offers a deeper connection with our people, history & culture.
Itinerary - Day Time Experience
- 12:15 - Manuhiri self drive & arrive to Tamaki Maori Village
- 12:30 - Mihi whakatau
- 12:40 - Kai & Korero
- 1:20 - Storytelling
- 1:50 - Interactive cultural activities
- 2:45 - Farewell
What You Need To Know:
- Please meet at our village location at 12:15pm for check in address: 1070 State Highway 5, Tumunui – South Rotorua (15min drive from central Rotorua).
- Bring warm clothing as your dining experience will be in our beautiful forest setting.
- When completing your booking please be sure to choose a burger filling – for each participant & advise on any special dietary requirements.