- Experience a tandem paraglide
- Take off from Coronet Peak, the highest commercial take-off point for Queenstown Paragliding activities
- Catch incredible views of the summit
- Experiences instructor to lead you
Winter Paragliding from Coronet PeakExperience an adrenaline rush with a tandem paraglide from Coronet Peak, Queenstown!
- $30 for one ride up on the chairlift (to access the snow take off points.)
What to Expect
Take to the air in Queenstown! Embark on a trip with the most experienced tandem paragliding and hang gliding company around! You'll take off from Coronet Peak, the highest commercial take-off point for Queenstown paragliding activities. You're guaranteed an adrenaline rush!
From start to finish, you'll be in completely safe and experienced hands. Your friendly and highly qualified team leader is a 4 times New Zealand Paragliding Champion!
During winter (June - September), you'll access the 5,400ft snow launch via a chairlift. As you travel up, enjoy some stunning views out over the snow.
And it doesn't stop there! The views you'll take in off the summit are incredible. You've got a lot of hight to play with from up here, meaning a seriously exciting flight. The summit measures 1,100m vertical, which is twice the height of the Queenstown gondola!
You'll soar down over these incredible views after you take off. This is the paragliding experience of a lifetime! You'll be airborne for 15-20 mins.
After your flight, photos and videos are available to purchase. Speak to your pilot about this - they're a great memory and something to show your friends.
Departure times are 8.45 am, 11.00 am, 1.00 pm and 2.45 pm. Please note: you will need to weather check half an hour before departure time on freephone 0800 46 7325 (0800 GO PEAK) or 021 826336 (021 TANDEM). If you can’t fly due to the weather conditions, your flight will be arranged for another time/day.
Pickup from Cardona Shop - 37 Camp St, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Frequently Asked Questions
Bring some good footwear (sneakers, running shoes), something that can give you good ankle support, as you are required to do a short run on take off. Also bring a warm top to wear. And don’t forget your camera. The views are just fantastic.
We fly from the highest take off point in Queenstown, Coronet Peak. The average flight time in summer on the parglider is 12-15 mins, on the hang glider 10-12 mins. For our winter tandem flights off the summit of Coronet Peak we are averaging 15-20 mins. We rely on mother nature, so it can vary quite a bit, sometimes the flights are longer than the average, sometimes a bit shorter.
You will need to weather check with us half an hour before departure time on freephone 0800 46 7325 (0800 GO PEAK) or 021 826336 (021 TANDEM). If we can’t fly due to the weather conditions we will try and accommodate you at another time/day.
As our activities are weather dependent, we would recommend to book your paragliding/hang gliding experience earlier during your stay in Queenstown rather than later. That way you have got a greater chance of flying.
Yes. The minimum weight for a passenger on a paraglider is 20 kg, the maximum is 110kg. For hang gliding the minimum weight we can carry is 20 kg and the maximum is 90kg.(Conditions apply and weight restrictions might vary throughout the year).
No refund given if exceeding the maximum passenger weight.
- Coronet Peak Tandems Ltd reserve the right to cancel or amend any trip or booking.
- Maximum weight for hang gliding is 90kg, maximum weight for paragliding is 110kg.
- Prices and products vary throughout the seasons and valid gift vouchers can be used towards other season's products.
- Weight restrictions apply: Minimum weight 20kg, maximum weight 110kg.
- Allow extra $30 for one ride up on the chair lift.
- No charge if Coronet Peak Tandems has to cancel the trip due to unsuitable weather conditions.
- 20% charge if the customer cancels 48 hours before departure.
- 50% charge if the customer cancels 1 hour before departure.
- 100% charge if the customer does not show or is late.
- No refund is given if exceeding the maximum passenger weight.
- A change of booking fee of NZ$50 per person will apply.
- Outside Ivan Clarke Gallery, Queenstown
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely